Repacement Keys

ACK

Car
230TE MINI Cooper S
I have just picked up a '92 W124 and only got one ignition key. (as ever the guy is looking for the others...)

Do I need to get an extra one from an MB dealer or do the normal key cutting places do them?

Alps

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55 2004 Silver(SOLD), E63 Weistec AMG(SOLD), E55 2004 Silver(SOLD), C36 AMG 1997 (SOLD)
MB dealer, and you will need all sorts of ID and documentation to say you own the car!

AND they aint cheap!

OP
OP
A

ACK

Car
230TE MINI Cooper S
Thanks

Think I will give matey boy a bit of a hurry up on the "spare set":devil:

Simon

MB Enthusiast
Car
C180 Proper gearbox
If it's a key like this
key.jpg

A new cute key with the chrome star on it is £54.71 inclusive. Not too bad really.

I had to pay an extra £24.68 on top of that to cancel a stolen ignition key:mad:

OP
OP
A

ACK

Car
230TE MINI Cooper S
No it is just an old fashioned key.

No batteries/flashing LEDs/flicknife action............

Just a key-quaint really

Merc-Cymru

Car
'93 190E
key cutting

i have same problem - only one key. went to my local locksmith where my friends have got there mercedes keys done £9 each, unfortuanaty mine is too worn to be held securely in the machine i was informed so god knows what il do either shackle myself to it so i don't lose it or perhaps more usefully ask the mercedes dealership what needs to be done

Surf Blau

Car
1984 Mercedes-Benz 190D
Originally posted by ACK
All sorted

£6.99 at local key cutters;)

Keep in mind that "aftermarket" keys tend to wear out the locks much faster..

I had problems with both the doorlock as well as the ignition lock on my car - in the end neither worked. When I tried to use a genuine key (the only one I had) instead of the one I had cut later I managed to squeeze a couple of months more out of them. I have now replaced all the locks with a complete new from Mercedes lock-set which was only 50% more expensive than ONE lock made for my car from Mercedes.

prakashvacharya

Car
vauxhall zafira
Mr

I am looking for a replacement key for my car as shown.
If it's a key like this
key.jpg

A new cute key with the chrome star on it is £54.71 inclusive. Not too bad really.

I had to pay an extra £24.68 on top of that to cancel a stolen ignition key:mad:

GP801

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2003 W209 CLK, 2005 R171 SLK in UK, 1995 S124 E280 in Italy
Only available from the main dealer. You will need proof of ID and the V5C. Dont be tempted by the ones on ebay. They cannot be reprogrammed despite what they might tell you.

nigel cross

MB Enthusiast
Car
W164 ML350 Audi S4
Main Dealer About £200
Requires Log book ,passport and I think a utility bill

mercedescl500

Car
CL500 with Brabus Bits and 1 Big Suprise
For what its worth theres a guy on fleebay that can code keys for Mercs as long as you still have one key present. Personally I wouldn't want anybody apart from MB to have a copy of my car key.

nigel cross

MB Enthusiast
Car
W164 ML350 Audi S4
For what its worth theres a guy on fleebay that can code keys for Mercs as long as you still have one key present. Personally I wouldn't want anybody apart from MB to have a copy of my car key.

I think your find that he cant

Diesel Benz

MB Enthusiast
Car
222.132 & 213.050 & 906.633
I think your find that he cant

Depends on the guy and the tools and how much access to the car you allow (read circuits from EIS etc.). I would not encourage owners to use these services but owners should not close their eyes on this approach.

jaymanek

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
Lots of Mercedes!
For an early car they are only less than a tenner each from the dealer.... Work first time too.

MB Club Veteran
Car
Not always
Standard keys for a W124 are £21 these days - used to be £11 for ages , but a price rise a couple of years back doubled it to that outrageous level .

Frankie

Car
E230 Elegance Ford Ka Honda Z50x3 ATC70
Standard keys for a W124 are £21 these days - used to be £11 for ages , but a price rise a couple of years back doubled it to that outrageous level .
That's just upsetting me, I've got to buy another soon as I only have one. Been putting it off as I'm not keen on parting nearly £200 for a key /

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom