Repacement stereo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SWY 666

Car
W221 350CDi
I have taken out the audio 10 unit from my year 2000 E class and replaced it with a much better sound quality JVC CD head unit.
The patch lead for the steering wheel controls is by means of a jack input to the head unit, but is not compatible to plug into the mercs ISO plug connector.
The ISO in the car from the steering wheel has just 2 wires so I imagined would not be that difficult to convert.
My patch lead from the head unit has 2 wires & an outer sheath. I have tried every combination to connect to the 2 steering wheel wires but still not being recognised.

Any ideas?

I have taken out the audio 10 unit from my year 2000 E class and replaced it with a much better sound quality JVC CD head unit.
The patch lead for the steering wheel controls is by means of a jack input to the head unit, but is not compatible to plug into the mercs ISO plug connector.
The ISO in the car from the steering wheel has just 2 wires so I imagined would not be that difficult to convert.
My patch lead from the head unit has 2 wires & an outer sheath. I have tried every combination to connect to the 2 steering wheel wires but still not being recognised.

Any ideas?

Do not fiddle with those 2 wires, it is the car's data network (called CANbus) - and almost everything inside the car is connected to it (incl steering wheel, and cluster) - you now probably have faults logged on every control unit in the car.. (which is not an issue, just harder to diagnose real problems)

Some stereo manafacturers have devices that talk to CANbus for Mercedes - I dont know how JVC deal with it

Cheers

Richard

Try one of the InCarTec adapters I had one on my x-trail for a JVC head unit and it worked a treat:

you can get them here: http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/incartec-adaptor-p-3484.html

it's a 2 part unit you get the wire for the head unit (link above) and a controller for the car (below)

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/vehicle-interface-mercedes-adaptors-c-47_720_2140.html

I'd give them a call first though to make sure it'll work on you model of merc.

Derek

Edit: in fact if you go this route I have the jack plug side that you can have as I no longer have the JVC or the x-trail

Last edited:
Thanks Deker

I already have the jack lead but have now spoken to the supplier & ordered the CANbus connector to complete the instalation.

Thanks for your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom