Repair Cost

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brucey65

Car
E220
Hi, hope you can help, have been quoted £1100 for front break calliper and rear break pipe replace and install. This is from an independent MB garage, Car is an E220 made in 2013, thanks

Well none of what you want done is mercedes specific,so get a local mobile mechanic,the caliper is about £140,I would have both front brake pads changed at the same time, and the rear brake pipes although you do not go into detail,even if they have to be made up we are looking at no more than 5 hours for the job tops so i would say £500 would cover it,as I say get some quotes.

Yep , as above an honest general garage will be under half the price per hour than Main dealer

Hi, hope you can help, have been quoted £1100 for front break calliper and rear break pipe replace and install. This is from an independent MB garage, Car is an E220 made in 2013, thanks
2013 seems a relatively young car to need brake pipes replaced. Where about a are you? A member may be able to recommend garages/mechanics to provide quotes.

I have been quoted £650 for the rear brake pipes on the S-Class, apparently the Sub-Frame needs to come down. Lots of labour required.

The sub frame needs to come down on some cars when fitting OEM 'non bendy' pipes hence the high labour cost. MB will insist on fitting OEM pipes , they will not make them up.

A decent mechanic could make the brake lines as he went, doing a lot of the bending/threading through as he went saving a lot of time and therefore money.
Needing new brake lines on a 2013 seems a bit soon , OP was it an MOT advisory 'corroded brake lines' ?

The problem the stealer dealers have is massive expensive sites to pay for council rates ,rents ,mortgages , targets to be met and overcome, more, more, more, never ending pressure, but for me their greatest loss and it's cause has to be too many men and women in suits, it's suits that cost dear. Can't begin to imagine one week / months wage bill, must be horrendous!!!!!!!! If they'd only employ someone like me, I'd root them out they'd have to go, end of. 💤🦆i would reduce the wage bill. by half overnight, and all the waiters and hanger ons would be straight out the door, no nonsense, those fortunate enough to be kept in would need to get stuck in and prove their worth. You don't get anything for nothing, not in this world, work or walk!!!!!!

Last edited:
I am assuming the quote does not include replacing the front discs and pads?

I would replace the callipers as a pair, especially given that they are fairly low cost to replace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom