Repaired electronic boot lock W208 and possibly others

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pluggers

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250 AMG Line Premium Plus. W205
For a while now I have had problems with the electronic boot lock not opening when the lock button was pressed on the boot.Everything was fine with the remote fob and the switch on the dash board.After investigation and a week or so of frustration of not been able to open the boot how I wanted, I stripped the lock down last week to see what I could find.After messing about with the wires the lock would work for a bit then stop completely again so I decided to replace the micro switch.After ordering it from the dealers last Saturday I fitted it yesterday and so far not had a single problem despite my efforts of constantly opening and closing the boot trying to get it to fail.So far so good I seem to have cured it.:bannana:

Its a very simple job to do in about 10 mins.Unbolt the 2 M6 bolts holding the lock in.

1bootlock.jpg

Then pull it out exposing the workings.

2lockout.jpg

Unplug the switch and With a small thin screw driver prise the switch out from the housing.

3smallscrewdriver.jpg

4priseout.jpg

At this point it will now just pull out.

5pullout.jpg

Picture of the offending item.

6microswitch.jpg

Switch now removed.

7removed.jpg

New parts ready for fitting.

8newparts.jpg

Push in the new switch and clip the wire into the little recess.

9newwireinstalled.jpg

At this point I have fitted new clips as when I took everything apart last week one of the clips broke apart and couldn't be used again.So these were both renewed at the same time as they came in pairs.

10newclipsfitted.jpg

Then all that's left is to put it back together which is literally a 2 min job.A point to note is lightly tighten the bolts up and very carefully close to boot.Chances are the lock will need some small adjustment to get it to shut properly.When its right tighten the bolts up properly and the job is done.:D

Congratulations!:)

Nice one, what are you going to spend the £1500 you saved on

How much :eek: I thought they were only about £400 or something.One thing I can say tho' is after looking at it, it doesn't look like its worth more than £75 with all the plastic bits on it.

resurection mines playing up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom