Repaired my leather!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StevenC220

Car
Mercedes C220 Sport BlueEfficiency
Hi all

First post as newbie, but thought I'd share. Recently purchased a C220 Sport with dark leather interior. Had a scuff about size of your thumb. After failing to locate a professional locally, ordered some leather repair off ebay.

My expectations weren't high but the results were fab - can't tell it was there. Wish I'd taken a 'before pic' but in case anyone else has an annoying small scuff (e.g. white showing through) be brave and have a go - save yourself some money!

I can post name of kit if wanted - wasn't sure in case it looked like a promo email (I've no affiliation with the repair kit company!)

Steven

Hi all

First post as newbie, but thought I'd share. Recently purchased a C220 Sport with dark leather interior. Had a scuff about size of your thumb. After failing to locate a professional locally, ordered some leather repair off ebay.

My expectations weren't high but the results were fab - can't tell it was there. Wish I'd taken a 'before pic' but in case anyone else has an annoying small scuff (e.g. white showing through) be brave and have a go - save yourself some money!

I can post name of kit if wanted - wasn't sure in case it looked like a promo email (I've no affiliation with the repair kit company!)

Steven

if you can post up the ebay link, that would be great, can keep it in my valeting box for emergencies

How bad was the damage? My dad sat down in his E320 CDI the other day with a screwdriver in his back pocket, and made a scratch that's almost a tear in the leather on the butt-part of the chair. Do you think the product you used would be suitable?

Really happy for you that you sorted your leather but otherwise a rather pointless thread if you don't let us know what you used!

C'mon share a link ;)

if you can post up the ebay link, that would be great, can keep it in my valeting box for emergencies

Link below. The tints were perfect. Base colour for me was grey. They supply black and white to darken or lighten, but also red and yellow to give warmth/opposite to the colour so you really do get a close match. Also some stuff for the finish if matt or gloss (mix for satin) but I might leave that as already looks good. We'll see:

DARK GREY Leather Colour Coat Dye for MERCEDES. Repair & Restore Colourant Kit | eBay

How bad was the damage? My dad sat down in his E320 CDI the other day with a screwdriver in his back pocket, and made a scratch that's almost a tear in the leather on the butt-part of the chair. Do you think the product you used would be suitable?

If it's torn then this product wouldn't repair the tear (e.g. if an actual hole in it). It replaces the worn off /scraped off colour. If it's not torn then for fifteen quid may be worth a go. You do need to be patient with mixing the tints and applying with cotton wool bud to a bit of the seat until you get the best match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom