Repairing a flip key

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tan

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W140 S-Class, Porsche Cayenne and Porsche Boxster
Hi

The bit at the top of my key that attaches to a keyring has broken off. Is there a way of replacing just the case, rather than having to buy a whole new key.

Regards

Tan

Hi Tan,

I'm sure the casing could be obtained but Stealerships will do anything to "rip" us off further - had similar situation with a spring clip I needed for amudfalp - Stealerships said I need to buy 2* mudflaps just to get the spring clip - speak to Stealership and see what they say...

Good luck.

Flash

Flash said:
I'm sure the casing could be obtained but Stealerships will do anything to "rip" us off further
They buy the keys pre-assembled, they probably can't get the parts to make or repair them anyway. You're probably going to have to get a new key unless you're really creative ;) . Have a search on the web, I think I saw a place that does key cutting that has VAG/MB switchblade key blanks, you could buy a blank and swap the bits I suppose.

Dont these keys pop up on ebay from time to time,You could buy one and swap over the innards.

pluggers said:
Dont these keys pop up on ebay from time to time,You could buy one and swap over the innards.

Thats a negative.. I bought one with the hope of replacing the guts with my alarm fob. The ony way to get them open is to cut them open :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom