repeat p2080 eml warning light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c220cdi2010

Car
c220
Hello,
My car is giving me and local indie a nightmare.

Car keeps giving P2080 code and we have changed both temp sensors to no avail
dpf was very clogged so a few tanks of super duper esso a few blasts around in 3rd gear and dpf is now empty so says STAR

yet got eml again after about another 500miles driving and now starting to get confused with what could be

car is a 2010 w204 estate 220cdi blue efficieny model
milage: 73k
history: was bought by bt for a sales rep and so no official mb service until i bought and they did a full kidney service inc recall on injectors
driving: used everyday to take kids to nursery which is 1.5 miles and then ontowork which is 20 miles way. kids journey is town traffic and rest is a free flowing a road where average speed due to nature of it is 50mph. It does get a blast every 6weeks to parents which is 1.5hrs away and is mix of fast a roads and slow motorway
fuel: used to use tesco & millers, but now on esso normal and no difference in soot (NEVER had any) on acceleration and fuel usage is about the same (sad and record all fill ups)

so, please does anyone have any thoughts on what could cause the repeat error?

Thanks,
Neil

BUMP

Hello,
really sorry to bump this but light has come on again this morning just after starting ignition.
Drove 300miles at weekend to Sheffield and back from home and so was expecting a proper system regen to take place and if any issues would have expected EML during then

drive sweet, no pauses no hicccups no soot no other smoke

anyone any thoughts please

Neil

Hello,
me again with same issue that just cannot seem to fix.

does anyone anywhere have any thoughts at all on this?

the has come one immediately the ignition has started, which isn't right as should come on when issues is triggered twice within a cycle (on 2 off) and day before it did 2 200mile trips and not miss a beat

thank you

couldn't add as 30in too late
[edit]
have had x2 sensors changed as well that go before & after turbo - sorry forget which exactly - can find out if required
[/edit]

update very long time later
still an issue and seems after some investigation by mb tech, excellent & helpful gents, looks like buried deep within the millions of tech bulletins is something about a z or y connector being a known but very rare cause

am now looking to get fixed along with winter tyres fitted and brakes done and a service looking at cheap month for a change!

Hello,
All fixed.

Needed a new wiring loom as pinned down to fault with the z connector via a tech bulletin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom