Replace COMAND unit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sunny_amg

Car
S55K AMG
Hi Guys,

I have a 2004 S55 Kompressor and my Navigation has died. I phoned up Mercedes and asked how much it would cost to replace the Navigation DVD unit and i got quoted nearly £3000 + VAT :eek:. Personally i find that it's not worth it at all and was wondering if a replacement from either Alpine (INA-W910R - Advanced Navi Station) or Pioneer (AVIC-F50BT) would work.

I still have to get the Bluetooth module for the Nokia Phone kit and thats £160, so i thought get one unit that does all.

The main question i have is that, will the replacement from Alpine or Pioneer work and would it slot in with no problems?

Thanks in advance guys.

You'll need a fascia kit, loom adapter and CAN-BUS adapter (steering wheel controls etc) I expect.
If you have the fibre optic driven amps then this will be a "problem" that will take a lot more work, but it won't make it impossible.
(Not familiar with the set up in this vehicle, so not sure about the fibre bits..)

Thanks guys for you input and much appreciated as well. I have just got off the phone with Rob from comandonline and he say's its doable, but it's deffo going to be aot of work involved.

I'm going to send him my VIN number and he's going to spec something out for me. Let's see what happens........

At least its doable, fingers crossed at a cheaper rate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom