Replace Keyless Go handle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lexman8

Car
CL500
Does anyone know how to disconnect the handle's Keyless Go connector from the door? The KG connector is on the end of a piece of wire 10cm long that comes from the handle and disappears inside the door (right hand cable in 2nd pic).

WIS simply says: 'Remove door liner and disconnect keyless go connector on hinge strap'. Problem is that you can't access the hinge strap by just removing the door panel, see pic. The connector is roughly behind the orange plastic screw hole and it's all solid metal around there.

WIS also says that the hinge strap can be removed through 'the installation opening in inner door panel'. But there's no sign of that unless it's behind the airbag module which seems unlikely.

The IR connector (the wire on the left in 2nd pic) plugs directly into a socket on the handle so is easily removed. Annoyingly, they could so easily have put a socket for KG on the handle as well then there'd be no need to take the door panel off and the handle could be replaced in 15 minutes.

Attachments

• P1020030-001.jpg
    P1020030-001.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 24
  • P1000760-001.jpg
    P1000760-001.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 31
Is there access by looking up towards the orange grommet? Or does it mean unplug from the loom where the loom exits the door near/by the door hinge..?

Solved

I pulled off more of the insulation and found the access panel further down the door. I should've done that the first time but I wasn't expecting it to be that far from the handle. Lesson learned.

You then reach in and up. A mirror is useful to identify the connector as it's difficult to see it directly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom