replacement battery for Macbook Pro

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C240Sport97

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL400, VW California Coast and 911 GT3
My 3.5 year old MBP's battery life is not nearly as good as it was when it was new.

I called Apple to get a replacement battery .. they don't sell them anymore!

They suggested I try Amazon (none available either).

Any ideas or suggestions anyone?

Thanks.

Swozza - Suggest posting the answer in the open forum rather than PM or it rather defeats the point in having a forum.

Not when I'm sending him information on my Apple Account Manager. Details are not for open forum.

understood but if they stopped making batteries then it doesnt matter who you know does it?

Possibly. However my AM won't just simply fob C240 off. He'll source one for him.

My 3.5 year old MBP's battery life is not nearly as good as it was when it was new.

I called Apple to get a replacement battery .. they don't sell them anymore!

Plenty of non-OEM batteries out there for laptops and Macbooks. Though many are Hong Kong / China suppliers even if they use a '.co.uk' site.

When my Macbook battery died I got a replacement from 7DayShop for £32.50 including delivery. Works fine. But the fit and finish isn't quite as good as the original (but so what - the overall finish of my old white Macbook shows it is used -grrrrr - even though I look after my stuff).

Plenty of non-OEM batteries out there for laptops and Macbooks. Though many are Hong Kong / China suppliers even if they use a '.co.uk' site.

When my Macbook battery died I got a replacement from 7DayShop for £32.50 including delivery. Works fine. But the fit and finish isn't quite as good as the original (but so what - the overall finish of my old white Macbook shows it is used -grrrrr - even though I look after my stuff).

I bought a non OEM battery for my Sony VAIO once .. it was utter rubbish.

Possibly. However my AM won't just simply fob C240 off. He'll source one for him.

Apple suggested I tried a reseller as they may have stock, so possible that stocks remain in the channel.

wow ..

cost is around £260 for an OEM replacement battery fitted.

Ouch, double ouch!!

wow ..

cost is around £260 for an OEM replacement battery fitted.

Ouch, double ouch!!

Yeah but this isnt just an ordinary battery, it is a delightfully wrapped and well presented Apple battery you understand.

I bought a non OEM battery for my Sony VAIO once .. it was utter rubbish.

Had an OEM battery in my Sony Vaio once.

Didn't last long.

There are cr*p non-OEM batteries out there. There are also decent ones in terms of value.

The problem is the likes of Apple and Sony charge outrageous amounts for their batteries. And IME my Macbook battery died early and my Vaio battery died very early compared with my other laptops. So that makes the amounts they charge appear to be even more outrageous.

Worse this sort of pricing model encourages not just plain non-OEM batteries but also fake OEM ones.

One of the reason I use and *suggested* 7dayshop is that I've not had any problems with their non-OEM batteries for my cameras over the years. Which is why I used them for my Macbook. So I'm assuming the sources they use are reasonably OK. And the prices have always been reasonable.

Don't know if there are companies that do laptop batteries, but I know that you can definately get cordless tool batteries 're-celled'. It cost around 30% of the cost of a new battery.

Might be worth a shot?

One of the reason I use and *suggested* 7dayshop is that I've not had any problems with their non-OEM batteries for my cameras over the years. Which is why I used them for my Macbook. So I'm assuming the sources they use are reasonably OK. And the prices have always been reasonable.

tried 7dayshop .. they don't stock the battery I need

I have some words of warning for anyone contemplating buying a laptop battery off flea bay.
I recently bought a battery from a supposed UK seller.
Excellent price and the advert listed my model.
The battery came, looked good, charged ok then fried my motherboard.
The seller initially agreed to pay the bill for the repair but then kept fobbing me off.
Eventually I started a dispute and the seller agreed to refund the battery cost if I returned it to China.
I let Flea bay escalate the case and they did no more than just refund the price of the battery.
I am £100 out of pocket.
The seller states in their sales they are in the UK
flea bay say this is something they can't do anything about so you can't even get trading standards involved.
All I can do is give negative feedback

Avoid Avoid Avoid
Buylaptopcn

I bought a nearly new OEM battery from TheBookYard for around £75.

Fitted by mate in 5 minutes for free.

Battery life now almost as good as it was when new.

Very pleased :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom