Replacement blinker lamp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cellarman

Hello, I have just bought my first C180, however I have broken the plastic blinker lamp on the off side door mirror.

I was able to purchase a new blinker lamp and fortunately nothing else was broken.

I have managed to remove the mirror but I can't seem to get at the screws beyond that.

Can anyone give me advice on how to fit the new blinker light without the need to go to a dealer?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Cellarman

Don't think you needed to remove the mirror glass, the cover should just slide off held by a spring clip.

Try this LINK for instructions.
Stargazer is correct, the mirror glass does not need to be removed, only the outside cover slides off with the blinker assembly attached. The blinker is fixed to the inside of the cover by two screws (IIRC) and simply plugs on and off the the connector fitted to the mirror frame left on the car.
Hope this is of some help.

EDIT - If you need any more help, please just ask and I will try and take some pictures of the procedure on my own car - it's only a 2 minute job to get the housing off and back on again - once you know how -. The link is helpful but the pictures are not very clear, especially if you're not happy about jamming a screwdriver into your cars inner workings !!

Last edited:
Cellarman said:
Hello, I have just bought my first C180, however I have broken the plastic blinker lamp on the off side door mirror.

I was able to purchase a new blinker lamp and fortunately nothing else was broken.

I have managed to remove the mirror but I can't seem to get at the screws beyond that.

Can anyone give me advice on how to fit the new blinker light without the need to go to a dealer?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Cellarman

http://mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=26963

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom