Replacement boot badges 2000 R129

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gramey

Car
2003 R230 SL350 Tellurium silver
I've tried doing a search google but seem to have drawn a blank, I need to get my boot lid sprayed so I'm looking for replacement star emblem and SL320 badges. Is it main dealer only or does anyone know where else I can buy these or will the star boot lid emblem from another model fit?

Thanks. :)

Can you not re-fit the current badges? The chrome is pretty thick and they should clean up like new with some Autosol (if necessary).

The full kit is less than €50 from the dealer

I dropped the car off this morning to have the boot lid sprayed and I've ordered the badges from a main dealer. So hopefully in the next couple days the horrible repair that the previous owner appeared to have done with a rattle can will no longer be the eyesore it was. :)

What are they charging, if you don't mind me asking, for the boot lid respray, I guess they will have to go over the tops of the rear wings as well?

What are they charging, if you don't mind me asking, for the boot lid respray, I guess they will have to go over the tops of the rear wings as well?

I had several quotes from £140, £200, £400 & £510 yet only the guy at £400 mentioned about fading it into the top of the rear wings. I've actually gone with the £140 guy, the reasons being he did some work on a friends Porsche 928 GTS, midnight blue metallic and he did a good job. Also if it doesn't turn out right I've only lost £140, if it turns out ok I've saved money. :)

So bad news and good news, the bad news is the centre brake light lens on my boot lid broke when they went to remove it to spray my boot lid. The good news is that it means at least my new boot badges won't be shamed by a faded brake light lens as I've obviously had to order a new one. :)

Thats is very cheap, I am having my bootlid & some marks on the rear bumper done & am pleased with the £400 price, but the prices you've been quoted are amazing. I,ve had work done by them before on my C32 & that was brilliant so I know the standard of work.

Is the boot lid on yours aluminium as well, bit more work for Alloy & that's why I was impressed with the £400 deal.

Last edited:
No it's a steel boot lid on the SL. :)

I picked my car up this afternoon and I have to say for £140.00 all in I'm very pleased with the result. I had said I wasn't bothered about them feathering it into the wings as there's a natural break with the opening. They removed and stripped the boot lid of it components then took the paint right back and sprayed it.
It may be half a shade out but you have to look very close and at the right angle to possibly notice any difference.
So for anyone in the Ipswich area I have no hesitation in recommending Suffolk Resprays. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom