replacement cd player

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

barkstuff

Car
CLK230 W208 2002 RHD
HI, I have a CLK W208 2002 model. It currently has the original Audio 10 cd player, which does not play anything but original CDs so I would like to change it for something that is not so limited. Something that played CDRs (home made cds), then perhaps mp3 cds finally an SD card or USB. I am sure it could be controlled through the steering wheel controls but ideally it will show the radio/track details in the dash cluster like the original player does.

Does anyone know of a later mercedes version that does what I want?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Aftermarket radio with USB input is the way forward. Burning CD's is limited and USB is so much easier. Look for a radio that is compatible with a steering wheel harness. You may be a little limited with the age of the vehicle

I always found that for copied CD's to play in my car CD player I had to record them at minimum speed - x2 maximum. If I allowed the CD burner to copy at a higher speed there was a good chance they would not play in the car.

Equally, I would never use a genuine CD in the car - it bounces and can damage the CD (been there, done that!).

i have the same car upgraded to Pioneer double Din headunit with the "best" stalk adaptor available/i could find, you will not get the track on the screen, it will say the name of the audio device you are using i.e Pioneer etc. you will be able to use the steering controls for vol, skip forward back etc phone answer etc. but thats it.

hope this helps.

I tried the burning slow using a few different methods and it made no difference - it simply did not play.

I know that some original units were developed by Alpine and was hoping that Alpine may have an after market product that does display in the dash.

Thanks again

if you still want to use MB original stereo you can buy a used Becker 4716 MB audio 30 APS.
this is the small navigator cd-stereo.
it's awesome in audio qualität and plays cd-r discs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom