Replacement Gearknob

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveuniq

Car
2011 C180 Sport
I recently purchsed a 1994 C220 Elegance, my first step into Mercedes ownership! The car is let down by the very worn gearknob which spoils the interior. It seems that the gearknob is not seperate from the gaitor, so I am confused is to how this is to be removed, and if and when I can remove it, where can I get a replacement - I would prefer a wood look item rather than the original plastic looking item. Any ideas?

I had the same problem with mine.

I bought a replacement knob from the stealer, and it did come complete with the gaitor. Cost arround £40.

Alternatively most aftermarket knobs will fit directly onto the shaft, leaving you to be creative with the gaitor. With a bit of time and effort you could make it look OEM. The only thing you wont get is a star or a shift patern (manual)...

is yours a Auto or a manual?

do you want a leather one?

Car is a manual.

I would like wood look gear knob if possible, not leather as the car has cloth interior.

right I can give you some part numbers but:

The wood types are half wood and half leather, they do look nice but they start from £116 for original MB ones :eek:

Gercia have some ones for MB but I don't like any of them.

if you still want part numbers I can post them but £116 is toooooo much mercman may be able to help you here send ricky a PM.

Only half wood few i have at the moment are for the W140 series, and fix in a different way.

Apart from that i only have leather ones of most types.

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom