Replacement HID bulbs.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Skateboard
So a chap at work bought bulbs similar to the following from a different seller from eBay.

They were supposed to fit a 2008 CLS 320CDI but he reckoned his ones were not the same.

Just from looking at them - what kind of Mercs are these likely to fit? Or is he wrong and would they fit the CLS?

D2S 8000K 35W Factory Fitted Xenon HID Replacement Bulbs Bulb Blue Light | eBay

Hi,
These should fit his CLS, according to the EPC, What might of confused things is that there is a ignitor box on the back of each lamp, this needs to be removed first before replacing the lamp.

Isn't 10 quid including P+P for a pair of Xenon HID lamps dangerously cheap?

:crazy:

Indeed - I can't see them lasting long but his lights are xenon but surprisingly yellow - even compared to my xenons. YGWYPF!

Hi,
These should fit his CLS, according to the EPC, What might of confused things is that there is a ignitor box on the back of each lamp, this needs to be removed first before replacing the lamp.

Thanks Andy. The seller did say they were for a CLS.

I guess the above stumped my colleague - it did me to be honest but then I've not done anything with headlights since 2001 and they were halogen!

:thumb:

Hi John,
When he removes the black cap on the back of the headlight he would of seen the ignitor on the back of the bulb instead of just the normal electrical plug like a lot of cars have.
Ignitor show here in auction pic, they can also be black but both mine were silver on my CLS. I had both my Xenon lamps replaced by Osram items by PCS I did try myself but you need to have hands the same of a toddler and double jointed especially as I wasn't sure how things came apart.
From memory your friend will need to twist off the ignitor then fit the new lamp as any other lamp and then refit the ignitor.
Hella Igniter 5DD 008 319-50 D2S D2R Xenon Bulb Holder Mercedes BMW Range Rover | eBay

Thanks for the clarification.

I took the bulbs home to see if I could find out from here whether they were correct or not.

I did get them out and I could see there was nothing to remove so assumed you meant inside the engine bay.

I will let him know Monday - my hands are not small so I doubt I can really help but I can at least let him know they are correct!

Thanks again mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom