Replacement Key Fob Reprogramme/Recode?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh yeah really? Have you tried swapping chips 0028772/0032094 from a Keyless key to a chrome key laterly?

Wongl -
Simon touch is mickey mouse in the world of keys. A re-seller that re-brands other tools.

Also, There are 8 Tracks for keys 0-7, You can have 3 keys per number. So potentially 24 keys, but only 8 can work at one time (IE - Key no.1, Version 1 - Program Key no.1 version 2 and version 1 will stop working.)

Mark

Don't shoot me, only trying to help :devil:

The chrome keys are the latter versions of the original all black key, but you have to get the from the main dealers along with your passport, log book and a large wedge of wonga.

I looked at this post as my fob stopped opening and locking the car,I changed the batteries as a first try.Anyway I read all I could and nothing worked. Out of desperation and frustration I started the car with the lazy key and pressed every button on the key with the engine still running,the key actualy started working as normal. I don't suppose its a cure for all but worth a mention I thought. Gary

Last edited:
I needed a new key for my keyless go R230 SL55. My dealer was helpful and I had already researched that it was not possible to re-use someone else's old key from eBay although there is a guy (Birmingham area) that can do reprogramming to basically clone a second key but keyless go is a problem for him. I took the plunge and paid the £300 for a dealer KG key. The key that arrived was exactly the same as the original key (not chrome) and although it started the car and the remote controls worked ok, the KG didn't work. My dealer was unsure what to do (!) but said they would have a go programming the KG function, but at my cost.
I declined this offer after talking to the tech and realising that he had no idea what to do and figured it could get expensive. I have a star system and managed to get the KG working ok. It wasn't that difficult, MB had supplied a key that was the latest to appear on the key list, but the R230 can only have two KG keys configured, so I had to remove my failed key from the KG track allocation and add the new key. This is easier than it sounds because the car can detect a KG key providing its within the car so it's easy to identify the existing good key and the new key so that the correct ones can be added or deleted.
If anyone needs a hand with this, I'm in central Notts
Paul G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom