Replacement key for 2010 SLK?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lotiman

Car
S204 C350 CDi; R171 200SLK; Lotus Evora 400; Lotus Exige V6
My wife has lost one of the keys from her SLK (don't ask) and whilst I could get a new one from MB, including programming, they are a cool £250 (ouch). I've Googled to see if there are any better priced alternatives and there appear to be a few companies, some of whom will even come to you. However, I'm a tad nervous about having an unknown character come to the house, reprogrammes a new key and obviously knows where I live - if you see where I'm coming from.

So, can anybody recommend a known and reputable company, preferably in the south please?

RMK in Birmingham are the only company I have seen recommended for MB keys outside of the dealership.

Bit too far to go though. Looks like I'll have to get creative to solve the problem I think.

They will visit by appointment, but I understand you are wary of this.

No not necessarily. If it is a reputable company that are well known and have been used by others then I'm happy with that. My main concern was in choosing a company from an internet search whose provenance and reputation are unknown. I wouldn't want an unknown and potentially dodgy character turning up to the house and programming me a new key. Too much of a risk I think.

Hence asking for any recommendations.

No not necessarily. If it is a reputable company that are well known and have been used by others then I'm happy with that. My main concern was in choosing a company from an internet search whose provenance and reputation are unknown. I wouldn't want an unknown and potentially dodgy character turning up to the house and programming me a new key. Too much of a risk I think.

Hence asking for any recommendations.

I believe a few members from both UK MB forums have used RMK in the past.
I have only heard good things about the company. The owner is a sponsor of MBOwners club.

RMK are a top company,have you looked at your insurance you maybe covered for lost keys,or on you brakedown cover

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom