Replacement Keyless Go cards - the truth?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tiggers

Car
Volvo :-(
Hi all,

I have conflicting stories from various Mercedes dealers over keyless go/entry cards for a 2003 CL.

I have one card that is damaged but working and would ideally like 2 cards so have asked 3 Merc dealers how to get 2 new cards (1 to replace the existing 1 and 1 new).

Dealer 1 - said cards are no longer avalable :eek:

Dealer 2 - said can't be done as you can only order 1 new card as there is a limit of 3 per vehicle and no such thing as replacing a card.

Dealer 3 - said cards couldn't be ordered but keyless go smart keys can

I think dealer 3 is wrong from what I have read.

But I also think the 3 card limit is a nonsense too as surely the 'tracks' can be erased and reused for new cards.

Does anyone on here know the truth so I can go back to Merc and tell them what to look for.

Thanks in advance

I was at MB Brooklands having the S-Class serviced and enquired re the Keyless Go cards for the CL ( When we bought the car they where missing ) and they are available at £200 each and there was no mention of any limit.

I was at MB Brooklands having the S-Class serviced and enquired re the Keyless Go cards for the CL ( When we bought the car they where missing ) and they are available at £200 each and there was no mention of any limit.

Thanks for the reply and yes that was about the price I was quoted (£190).

As for there not being a limit that makes sense, if you bought the car new in 2003 for £75K and the next day had both cards stolen I doubt you'd have been too chuffed if Mercedes has said... sorry you can only have one card!

I have just rang MB World Brooklands and funny enough spoke the same person i spoke to before and they are available, enquired re limit and you can have as many as you want.

I have just rang MB World Brooklands and funny enough spoke the same person i spoke to before and they are available, enquired re limit and you can have as many as you want.

Thanks for that, much appreciated and that makes far more sense.

Now to find a dealer in the NW who knows what they are talking about!

Thanks for that, much appreciated and that makes far more sense.

Now to find a dealer in the NW who knows what they are talking about!

Give Brooklands a call. 01932 373000

Thanks to both of you, will give Brooklands a call and then speak to Blackburn which is quite near me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom