Replacement Lip Spoilers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model X & Mercedes W212 /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
Where is a good place to get OEM quality replacement lip spoilers? The reason I ask is my bootlid needs to be resprayed for rust work and the lip spoiler removed to work on it.. it may break on removal? Hence looking for a replacement

Abs

Is it just glued on ; no bolts ?

Just wondering , since you are going to be painting anyway , if a piece of fishing line , or something like a guitar string , tied between two pieces of wood could be used in a sawing motion starting from one end , to separate it ? Don't know if applying some heat would help or might do damage .

I see the brake light , so there will be wires somewhere in the middle .

You'd know within a few minutes if it was either going to work or not , but could potentially save you a bit of cash if you can carefully remove it without breakage , and not paying labour for someone else to do what might be a time consuming job .

Is it just glued on ; no bolts ?

Just wondering , since you are going to be painting anyway , if a piece of fishing line , or something like a guitar string , tied between two pieces of wood could be used in a sawing motion starting from one end , to separate it ? Don't know if applying some heat would help or might do damage .

I see the brake light , so there will be wires somewhere in the middle .

You'd know within a few minutes if it was either going to work or not , but could potentially save you a bit of cash if you can carefully remove it without breakage , and not paying labour for someone else to do what might be a time consuming job .

Hi Derek,

It should be removable and the shop said they'd try.. no wires etc just held on with glue. But he said he said no responsibility if it is damaged which I thought was fair enough. So just looking around where to source it

its just stuck on with 3m tape, get them to take it off and re stuck when done. get them to spray the spoiler to avoid color mismatch.

a good bodyshop should know all this?!?

I got mine from eBay, pre-painted very good quality.

I used Stickerflex to attach mine, 3m tape was useless as soon as you park in the sun :(

I got mine from eBay, pre-painted very good quality.

I used Stickerflex to attach mine, 3m tape was useless as soon as you park in the sun :(

Don't mean to hi-jack this thread but where did you get your lip spoiler from on your CLS? As in, do you have a link to the ebay item?

Last edited:
its just stuck on with 3m tape, get them to take it off and re stuck when done. get them to spray the spoiler to avoid color mismatch.

a good bodyshop should know all this?!?

Previous shop have put a lot of extra material on it, and secured it using an aftermarket product which may be much harder to remove

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom