Replacement Speakers in a 2006 Vito Dualiner.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

m80

MB Enthusiast
Car
Viano ex long, 651 2014. S211 646 2009 (till the Gov't drones blow 'em off the road)
Prompted by the speaker replacement thread into a 204, thanks rom1, I looked at the speakers from Halfords, and they're on an even better offer.
So I considered slightly larger, as there should be better bass from them.
A bit of enet searching and I opted for 2 of these fro the front doors

I realised that the originals, both front and rear are in a 25mm deep frame.
When the 2 arrived I realised that they would need to be mounted proud to clear the drip protector within the door.
I used 25mm Celotex as it's easy to work, polystyrene would be a similar result but less easy to work and likely more snow dust.

The result of the front install was that they are much, much clearer, but not very bassy. But the trebles are too much so with those reduced and the volume increased to compensate the bass by comparrison is increased.
Remember though that my original speakers will be well used and probably past their best.

Anyway I liked the result of that install so bought 2 more for the rear. I could've saved £3.99 on postage there but didn't fancy buying 2 sets to only return them all if the result was naff.

Attachments

• a-Front os door.JPG
    a-Front os door.JPG
    462.9 KB · Views: 5
  • b-Front os door.JPG
    b-Front os door.JPG
    360.8 KB · Views: 5
  • c-Front os door.JPG
    c-Front os door.JPG
    364.1 KB · Views: 4
  • d-Front os door.JPG
    d-Front os door.JPG
    371.6 KB · Views: 6
  • e-Rear kit.JPG
    e-Rear kit.JPG
    300.2 KB · Views: 5
  • f-Rear kit.JPG
    f-Rear kit.JPG
    213.9 KB · Views: 4
Using an original speaker onto the Celotex I pushed a screw driver through the mounting points, this allowed for the Celotex to sit onto the locating pegs in the door /rear mounting bracket.

With 1 1/2 wood screws and washers the wider mounting points catch the new speakers.
2x 3mm holes are drilled through the new speaker remaining lugs, the outer mounting points, into the Vito metal work.
The wood screws will self tap,
the wood screws will hold into the 2 wider original receivers, but may need pushing home some.

I checked the +ve outputs to the speakers, but surprisingly the bass output is slightly louder if +ve goes to the smaller spade connection of the speakers. The speakers aren't marked and I assumed the larger would be the +ve, but wrong.

These speakers are louder than the originals, for what it matters.

I'll post up some more photo's of the rear install if there is interest.

A heads up,
to enlighten not into the darkness,

Halfords are offering what they call a 50% discount on speakers, Pioneer at least.
It isn't 50% off, but a drop from £55 on my order to £39 is worthwhile as I wanted them anyway.

I've ordered some 6x9 3 ways, TS-6951S that I intend to install in the back corners of the Vito.
I fitted the 1350's and was happy with the result, the music has become a pleasure again. These should provide a bit more bass boost and hopefully be clearer due to the new location of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom