Replacement suspension springs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GraemeG

Car
E250 Coupe
Hi All,

Haven't posted in a while so sorry about landing back on looking for help. My E Class coupe failed its MoT today on a broken front spring, does anyone have a good resource to look up part numbers/oem equivalent? My car is a 2009 250cgi coupe sport so I'm assuming sport suspension from the factory but I cant see any choice of SE/Sport on any supplier website. Any advice or guidance greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Graeme

I'd strongly recommend going to Mercedes for the springs. They aren't expensive and you can be certain of getting the correct part.
Give your VIN to the parts dept and they can check the options fitted and cross reference the correct coding for the springs.

I had both fronts replaced on the CLS , went with OEM as the coloured bands on the springs denote your specific spring rate depending on numerous options fitted from factory.

I removed both struts and the supplying main dealer fitted them while i waited , £150 all in IIRC. That was a few years back though.

K

I'd strongly recommend going to Mercedes for the springs. They aren't expensive and you can be certain of getting the correct part.
Give your VIN to the parts dept and they can check the options fitted and cross reference the correct coding for the springs.
I had to replace a broken spring (I actually had both sides replaced to ensure a proper match rather than leave one older spring in place ) on our 2008 E Class Sport.

Each spring from Mercedes was only £58. There is usually a 3 colour paint code on the Springs that ensure the correct ones are supplied.

Thanks for all the info everyone, I'll just go OEM. Hopefully they can supply the right parts from the chassis number/reg, I don't want to start stripping it to see what I need. I intend to do both sides anyway I don't like suspension components being swapped out as singles.

OEM fitted in pairs is a good call, or go for a full set of high quality lowering springs.

I was tiring of springs snapping on a W203 C-class so I replaced the lot with a set of H&R springs and they were great. Felt very similar to standard, but was a lower. I soon got used to it looking lower, and it looked fantastic.

OEM fitted in pairs is a good call, or go for a full set of high quality lowering springs.

I was tiring of springs snapping on a W203 C-class so I replaced the lot with a set of H&R springs and they were great. Felt very similar to standard, but was a lower. I soon got used to it looking lower, and it looked fantastic.
Never suffered a snapped spring on my S203 but I did lower it on Bilstein coilovers, loved the look
DSC01379.JPG

Thanks for all the info everyone, I'll just go OEM. Hopefully they can supply the right parts from the chassis number/reg, I don't want to start stripping it to see what I need. I intend to do both sides anyway I don't like suspension components being swapped out as singles.
You shouldn't need to strip anything. I would hope on the fronts, just jack the car up a bit to get a little clearance, and kneeling by the front wheel with a torch you might be able to see the paint stripes. Maybe a quick wipe with a damp sponge if mucky.

Rears can often be seen with a torch by poking head under rear bumper. No jacking required.

Thanks for the info all, in the end I did have some bother getting the springs compressed but a local garage assembled the struts for 20 quid and I got it built up again in an evening.
Next job is to fit the rear spacers and give it a good clean

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom