Replacement Tyres - What do I go for

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GFOS31

Car
GLS 350d 4matic AMG Line
Morning all, I am a new owner of a GSL350D AMG Line 2017, it currently has ContiSportContact 295/40 ZR21 Y's fitted. they are at about 3mm. So I will be needing to change them soon.
My Question is do I stick the same on again or do you guys have any recommendations.
My Previous Car was an LR Discovery 4, I always fitted Pirelli Scorpion Zero's and was very pleased with the performance and wear.
Thanks in advance

Unless someone who has had exactly the same tyres on exactly the same wheels on exactly the same car can comment, any advice will be at best slightly speculative.

I’m a firm believer that the manufacturer knows best, has developed the car to work on the OE tyres, so stick to the Contis

I’m a firm believer that the manufacturer knows best, has developed the car to work on the OE tyres, so stick to the Contis
Thank you, As I had the car from 3 years old, I wasn't 100% sure if the Contis were original OEM fit.

Which versions of Conti's are they? 1-5? The only ones that fit on my rear 18" are Conti Sport Contact 3 and they're really a bit old now. I'll probably switch to Goodyear or Michelin PS4 on the rear for this reason.

If it's more modern Conti's Sport Contact, go for it!

The Datacard sometimes specifies the make of tyres fitted at the factory (though not the model).

Which versions of Conti's are they? 1-5? The only ones that fit on my rear 18" are Conti Sport Contact 3 and they're really a bit old now. I'll probably switch to Goodyear or Michelin PS4 on the rear for this reason.

If it's more modern Conti's Sport Contact, go for it!
Hi Its the ContiSportContact 295/40 ZR21 Y's that I have currently fitted on a 2017 car.

They’ll say SportContact3 SportContact5 etc on them?

Anyway if they’re 21s they won’t be too old as they didn’t have 21s that long ago!

Depends on what driving you do as well , if you just drive around potholed side streets at under 30mph then go cheap :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom