Replacement VIN Tags

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChasesDragons

Car
Land Rover
Hello all, bit of a crisis here. I have just recovered my 1969 W114 250CE car that went missing while it was being refurbished by a company (the company has closed down, owner fled - lets not go there).

The car is missing its front strut (the one over the radiator, that carries the VIN tag and the bonnet latch). I have looked along the inside chassis legs and the firewall and I cannot see any other places where the VIN number is stamped.

How do I get a new VIN tag, legitimately, without DVLA/VOSA trying to capitalise on it and giving it a new VIN and forcing it out of Historic Vehicle status. All I have are several pics of the refurb with the vin being shown in-situ and the V5 which has been in my name since about 2015.

Regards
U

Simply buy a new plate, you have all the information?
Absolutely - V5 with a history of ownership, dated photographs of the VIN etc. But, I am under the impression that the VIN stampers need more than that? Unless I am mistaken.

Can we get replacement from Mercedes itself?

You may be overthinking this. Why not start by asking the VIN plate supplier if they will make one for you on the basis of the information you have?

I am sure that I read thebd8rectuons on a sale site. It insisted that the buyer send their VIN plate in. I am not sure how they would cater for people like me with the VIN plate gone.

I will make direct enquiries.

Thanks all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom