Replacing C204 Brush Ali Door Trim

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ronan1982

Car
Mercedes C220I Coupe
Hi Guys,

On my C204 as you can see in the pictures I have the Brushed Aluminium Console and door Trims.
I have noticed the door trims have a few marks, and was wondering if its a simple DIY job I can do myself?

Does the door cards have to come off to do this? or is it a simple pop off with plastic tools and clip back in?

If its simple I will do it myself but if its going mean going into Mercedes I will leave it.

Any help, pictures or videos would great.
Many thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_9800.jpg
    IMG_9800.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9801.jpg
    IMG_9801.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_9802.jpg
    IMG_9802.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 19
Ronan1982 said:
Wow, is the Job that much of a pain? or is the trim allot pricier than a new door card? Best part of a grand for 2?

I'm just thinking of least effort, those trims are hard to get off and even more of a headache to replace

I've thought about doing this to new cars I'm looking at with colours that I don't like, but more I think about it it would be much easier to have them wrapped or just to plasti-dip them. There are some decent brushed aluminium finishes out there to cover them and freshen up with

I'm just thinking of least effort, those trims are hard to get off and even more of a headache to replace

I've thought about doing this to new cars I'm looking at with colours that I don't like, but more I think about it it would be much easier to have them wrapped or just to plasti-dip them. There are some decent brushed aluminium finishes out there to cover them and freshen up with

Yeah I cant warrant a grand on 2 door cards. Not keen on the idea of them being wrapped, as some of them are lethal with that cutting knife.

May be a silly question but how would plasti dip them? if you cant take them off? is it from a spray can?

Would be tempted to do that if you can recommend anyone.

Thanks

The parts are faak all cost wise and it's easy to replace if you're handy with the spanners.

It's a sacrifice panel really as lots of people let go of their seat belts and they dent easily.

Speak to your local parts dept, it's nothing to fear.

eBay they're going for between £80-100

Plasti dip just buy a cheap pack of playing cards and slot them behind the panel, tape up around the edges of the cards and spray away. Cut the coating behind the panel, pull off the cards and jones your uncle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom