Replacing "carbon fibre" trim with wood...

Anders

Car
‘14 BMW X5 M50D
I know the European C43s came with the Sport "carbon fibre" look. However, not too sure I like it that much and would prefer - if possible - to have the real wood (Burl walnut) interior.

Questions:

1) Anyone has an idea of the cost of a set for a '98 S202 (front facia + door panels + the windshield panel)

2) Any idea how difficult it is to fit?

sym

MB Enthusiast
Car
W204 C220CDI Sport
Anders said:
I know the European C43s came with the Sport "carbon fibre" look. However, not too sure I like it that much and would prefer - if possible - to have the real wood (Burl walnut) interior.

Questions:

1) Anyone has an idea of the cost of a set for a '98 S202 (front facia + door panels + the windshield panel)

2) Any idea how difficult it is to fit?
I'll swap you all of my Walnut ones for the carbon if you like ;)

I expect to get all the wood panels would be costly. Especially the ones around the central dash controls.

Fitting should not be too difficult.

S.

OP
OP
A

Anders

Car
‘14 BMW X5 M50D
Thanks for the offer.

However, I have the LCD climate control display so a direct swap is not possible I am afraid.

sym

MB Enthusiast
Car
W204 C220CDI Sport
..... I should have said . . . you couldn't have had that panel off mine anyway . . as I have modified it to accept COMAND . . plus the switch holes will be different !! Would simply cover mine in Carbon film if I swapped the other panels.

Unfortunately, that particular panel is the most expensive of all to order new in Wood - Steve (MBenzNL) might correct me here . . . but its about £250 / Euro 400 ? if ordered directly from the dealer in the specification to fit your car.

But if you are interested in swapping the rest . . we can talk ;)

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom