Replacing CD player with Bluetooth versio

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pintofnumbers

Car
A Class
Hi, I wonder if someone could give me some advice.

I have a A Class Classic SE 2006 and wants to have hands free with my iPhone.

The car has all the phone buttons on the cd player and steering wheel but they do not work. I think because of the cars age it was either set without any wiring due to the model or set up for one of the old Nokia’s to sit in a cradle.

I cannot find an AUX input cable and even if I could I am not interest in the aftermarket options where they charge from the cigarette lighter or clip on the visor etc. I was therefore thinking whether I could update the cd player with a Bluetooth version to go hands free would this work? I was looking at the MFS2830 which fits my car.

Can anyone help please?

It's unlikely to work with your steering wheel buttons, but should give you the functionality you're after with bluetooth calls and audio.

Would a Viseo (spelling?) be the answer?

It's unlikely to work with your steering wheel buttons, but should give you the functionality you're after with bluetooth calls and audio.
Many thanks for your reply.

So that means the telephone buttons on the CD player should work to answer a call?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Many thanks for your reply.

So that means the telephone buttons on the CD player should work to answer a call?

Thanks again.

Post a pic of the unit in your car, or better still your VIN number. We can then see what you have already and thus establish the best route for you

Most MB's have the telephone buttons on the audio and steering wheel, but not the all important telephone wiring pre-install. It must have been a cost cutting exercise by the bean counters.

If aftermarket kits are out of the equation, it would probably be cheaper and definitely easier to change your car for one which has the wiring pre-install.

You could ask these guys (Forum Sponsors) about feasibility https://www.commandonline.co.uk/

If your car doesn't have option 532 (Power Sound), you might be able to upgrade to the facelift Audio20 you mentioned.

I looked into that for my own car, and decided not to, as I have 532, 386 and 819, all on fibre optic MOST, which MSF2830 won't have.

If you don't have those, or don't mind losing them, then MSF2830 is probably the cheapest upgrade there is, certainly if we're talking OE head units only.

Best bet, as Mike suggested, is to talk to comandonline.co.uk - they will advise on compatibility and options.

It (MSF2830) will most certainly work with the buttons on the steering wheel, and, naturally, its own ones, although it might require a STAR update to let the car know it's got a facelift Audio20 now.

It (MSF2830) will most certainly work with the buttons on the steering wheel, and, naturally, its own ones, although it might require a STAR update to let the car know it's got a facelift Audio20 now.
Many thanks for your reply. Can you tell me how I would get a star update?

Many thanks for your reply. Can you tell me how I would get a star update?

You might not need to - speak to Mark or Richard at COMAND Online, they can certainly do that, if required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom