Replacing Discs and Pads on w220

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldmerc

Car
05 S320CDI,96 E200
Could someone confirm that by disconnecting both Batterys on this vehicle SBC braking system would be safe to work on ?..Will the Electric windows or any other Electric devices need resetting,if so how ?

I have no idea! if that helps, lol

I would contact local mercedes dealer if possable and ask to speak to a macanic, if no one here can help!
never come across the sbc system before, so cannot help, sorry!

Yeah, basically no idea, but would have thought that if the wheel is free to revolve when you jack the car up it should be safe to change the discs & pads providing the key is not in the ignition. If I have understood it correctly SBC is some sort of 'line lock' to prevent the car from moving when you are sitting at traffic lights or junctions and you have to activate it to make it work .... so ...... when the car is not being driven you would not think that it would be active. Otherwise you need Ollie........... !

My understanding is that the key should be removed as when the ignition is on, the sbc system will apply pressure to the brake hydraulics and oppose any action to push back the caliper pistons.

No need to touch the batteries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom