Replacing indicator lamp assm.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fudger

Car
Awaiting delivery
Guys, my CLK is a 2000 model with indicator lamps in the wing mirrors. However, I had my first MOT a few weeks ago and although it passed, the test mechanic pointed out that the orange bulbs in the assembly were starting to degrade and when I looked with him, it was obvious this was the case.

I have now obtained the part for both wing mirrors but have no idea how to take the wing mirror's apart to fit the new lamp assembly.

Is it easy or something i should leave to MB.

Thanks for any advice.

dcp_0372.jpg

dcp_0371.jpg

Last edited:
Jason, that is fantastic. What a great site but how did you get a login?

Thanks.

you don't, stupid American's left it wide open!

its a loophole , no login needed.

Im sure it was simonnl who worked out the R230 bit of it and Richardm who got the original link for the W211.

Let us know how you get on , once you get the mirror glass off it should give you a better idea.

Thanks Jason, just finished the job. 1 hour to do one side and 10 minutes to do the other.

Getting the glass off was as per the R230 demo (you need to be confident your not going to snap anything off however) but that's where the similarity ends.

There are 4 T25 screws holding the cowling on which is easy to get off but then it's a bit tricky getting the whole shrowd off.

Like I said, only 10 minutes max. once you have done it for the first time.

Thanks for your help.

I feel quite good now that I have not spent £80 on one hour of a MB technicians time :bannana:

Last edited:
Must be common, just had my car MOT'd - passed but with new front indicator bulbs.

Originally posted by djcheung
Hi Guys,

Do you know other similar links for the W210?

Thanks.

djcheung, I don't understand what you mean by "similar links"!

Jonathan

@djcheung: If you're referring to the mbusalearning site, there doesn't appear to be a section for the W210.

From the home page for the SL (R230), if you try
replacing r230 with w210 you get a page not found error (404). Of course it could be named something else which doesn't follow this convention.

The SL and E-Class are recent all-new models from MB which may be why there are there. My guess is that the new CLK will follow soon (C209 & A209).

Another interesting site - not sure if this has been previously posted .... seems linked to the e-learning site.

http://www.hostmb.net/store/index.htm

Click on On-line store, and if you are prepared to fork out $95, you can get a cd-rom with full details for your model

S.

Jonathan,

What I meant was something similar to the mbusalearning site as Simonl has pointed out.

Unfortunately Simon has also answered my question - NO, there isn't one for W210.

Still useful information though.

Thanks,

David.

Thanks David, not one for the W208 either....can't have everything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom