Replacing quarterlights.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

neilrr

MB Enthusiast
Car
Various.
I recently sold a beautiful low mileage 190E 2.6 & took a 1989 190E 2.6 with AC, ASD & leather (which I really didn't want - I'm trying to reduce the number of cars I have) as part of the deal. My problem is this.

The previous owner lived in S. London & parked the car on the street. The local yobs/smackheads/scum broke into his car by breaking the quarterlights so often that in the end he gave up replacing the glass & put in two pieces of perspex which they could simply push out of the way in order to get into the car to search for the radio, which, obviously, was never left in the car.

I have the quarterlight glass for both rear doors & want to know how to go about fitting it. Is it a job for a glass pro or does anyboby know how difficult it is to fit? Is there a web site anywhere which would give idiot proof instructions? If I have to pay a glass man to do the job how much is a fair price?

Any advice or tips much appreciated.

I would have thought it possible to claim under your windscreen insurance to do this £50 xs maybe?? Other than that Im not sure how the quater glass is held in place sorry.Might have to remove door card unbolt the window rail and slide the glass up from inside???

Can't really claim on my ins. as this happened before I bought got the car!

No, this one's coming out of my pocket hence my desire for info on the DIY approach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom