Replacing Vito Captains Seat with Bench Seat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oceanpebble

Car
Mercedes Vito 2000
Hi I'd like to swap out a swivel Captains Seat on a 2000 Vito for a bench seat that has ISOFIX. Essentially so we can fit a baby seat and a passenger n the front. Has anyone done this? Could I ask:
Is the floor fixing the same for a single seat and a double seat regardless of year of manufacture (ISOFIX attachments are 2002 onwards I think)
Is getting the seats swapped a big job? Pricey?
Thanks!

Hi I'd like to swap out a swivel Captains Seat on a 2000 Vito for a bench seat that has ISOFIX. Essentially so we can fit a baby seat and a passenger n the front. Has anyone done this? Could I ask:
Is the floor fixing the same for a single seat and a double seat regardless of year of manufacture (ISOFIX attachments are 2002 onwards I think)
Is getting the seats swapped a big job? Pricey?
Thanks!
Im looking to do the exact opposite.

My new Vito has a double bench seat and I want to change this for a single seat. The issue is the seat base is shown in the parts catalogue as a different part number. Looking at it though I believe my double seat has a base that will take a single seat. However. The single seat base I dont believe takes a double as it it cantilevers over the area between the drivers seat and the passenger seat.

Something to bear in mind is that I dont think the double seat has isofix fixings. It has two belts though. Also the double seat is jot adjustable at all. Not for height, rake, backrest, nothing! Its rather uncomfortable for a passenger for any distance.

If you are still keen to do it then look on ebay, there are plenty of people selling the double seat.

I did individual to bench as I wanted a longer floor space. No problem but the floor finishes at the seat leaving a gap where the individual seats were fastened. OK otherwise but bench seemed a bit close to dash and as said no adjustment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom