Replacing W205 interior trim

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pablosammy

Car
C250d Saloon AMG Line Premium Plus
Hi all,

After finalling reaching breaking point with the piano black dust-and-fingerprint magnet centre console trim on my W205, I ordered a full set of black ash trim from a breaker taking apart a GLC. All the trim is identical - the MB sticker even says W205 on it.

There are videos online showing how to replace the centre console trim - lots of electrical connections, but relatively straightforward.

Where I presume I am most likely to make a **** up is trying to remove the silver trim from the door cards. Are these easily removed, or is it better to remove the whole door card for rear access? Has anyone DIY-ed this before?

Also, reckon I should Dynamat them while the trim is off?

You could have just wrapped them in carbon but I guess it's not for every one I myself don't like the look, well good luck mate and keep us posted :)

Well, the centre console has been replaced. Relatively simple, despite lots of cable looms. Anyone need a piano black trim set, or a control module? ;)

The door inserts (i.e. the bit with the speaker grills) are definitely not removable with simple trim tools - they're held in place with metal spring clips and something WILL break if you try and brute force it. I've got a door card off and the clips are accessible from the rear, but they're incredibly difficult to remove without knackering the spring clip. In fact, I haven't successfully managed one yet.

20181212_113828.jpg

I think the best way is to bend the spring clips with some needle nose pliers and push them through. However, this pretty much guarantees rattles if you try and reuse them, so I've ordered a bag of them from my local dealer. Job to continue in the new year, I think!

Well, in a true return to form I've agreed a sale on my W205 so this little project has been abandoned almost as soon as it has begun.

Keep an eye out for a full set of black ash trim and 30 spare trim clips coming up for sale in a classifieds section near you!

Well, in a true return to form I've agreed a sale on my W205 so this little project has been abandoned almost as soon as it has begun.

Keep an eye out for a full set of black ash trim and 30 spare trim clips coming up for sale in a classifieds section near you!
Hi, are you still looking to sell your wood trim set? I've been planning on swapping the trim pieces on my C class and might be interested in getting those off your hands. Was your centre console with the analogue clock or without?

Hi, are you still looking to sell your wood trim set? I've been planning on swapping the trim pieces on my C class and might be interested in getting those off your hands. Was your centre console with the analogue clock or without?
Without - the piano black didn't have one, so it made it into a straight swap. I didn't want the hassle of coding or cabling! It's an easy swap if you take your time, I can take a picture if you like?

I'll certainly be selling the parts soon, although the centre trim is still in my car... I just need a free hour some time to swap it back! I'll let you know.

Without - the piano black didn't have one, so it made it into a straight swap. I didn't want the hassle of coding or cabling! It's an easy swap if you take your time, I can take a picture if you like?

I'll certainly be selling the parts soon, although the centre trim is still in my car... I just need a free hour some time to swap it back! I'll let you know.
Ah right, wasn't actually aware the clock was never available on the piano black trim, but in that case it would be a straight fit for my car as well.

Pictures would be great! However, unfortunately I haven't been very active on the forum and can't use private messages just yet. Anyhow, I'm not in a hurry with the swap, just let me know when you get around to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom