Replica AMG alloys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blue350e

Car
c350e
Hello

I am after some replica 19" AMG alloys for my W205 car.

Can anybody recommend a decent set or company I could get some from?

Thanks

Hello

Thanks

Please can you say that without me laughing?
Replicas means cheap ,nasty all that, your car is new please treat it with decency.

Hello

Thanks

Get real ones! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please can you say that without me laughing?
Replicas means cheap ,nasty all that, your car is new please treat it with decency.

Get real ones! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, but if the OP wants repllcas is it any of our business?

Have a look on eBay. Some of the wheel distributors have shops on there. Just be certain to get wheels with the correct ET as your existing wheels.

Are the OEM 19s for a w205 as prone to cracking as the OEM's for the w204?

(Guessing by the mention of AMG that he means c63 wheels)

Well all the wheels are cast,and the foundries have the latest technology otherwise they cannot stay in business,Spain can turn out great castings,so it is too easy to say that these replica mercedes wheels are shoddy,there is nothing to gain by not using the correct materials as they are cheap,the wheels that could be suspect are the ones with off the wall designs but a copy of a tried and tested merc wheel should be ok it would be interesting to find out where Mercedes get their wheels from.

There appears to be a lot of scaremongering, especially when it comes to Mercedes parts. I may be cynical but on my B class I have had 'genuine'; doors rust away, tailgate starting to rust, starter motor fail, front spring snap, both shocks, top mounts, ARB and drop links replaced, strut boot come off, heater motor fail and cv joint fail.

I see no benefit from using Mercedes anything to be honest as from what I can tell, they offer no superior engineering over any decent third party supplier. As long as an alloy is not made by some highly suspect company I wouldn't be too concerned that you maybe fitting an inferior product.

Some would argue that Aldi is better...it depends on what you are looking for. Anyway, I agree to some extent, as per my last post, find a 'decent' third party supplier. There are several UK based dealers that sell replicas in West Yorkshire and I'm sure others places as well. This is where I would be looking. I too would avoid eBay where you cannot see the products or know anything about where they were made.

Last edited:
Just because they are OEM wheels unfortunately doesn't guarantee quality! Removed my OEM 19" from my CLS to find they had cracks in them!!
You only have to read the numerous threads on here regarding peoples cracked OEM wheels.
Decent brands such as BBS, HRE, Carlsson etc are a good alternative.

This is funny.

Do Mercedes manufacture wheels? No
Do AMG manufacture wheels? No

Are BBS etc replica's or aftermarket? Yes

Will wheels that cost thousands be any safer than wheels that cost pounds? Maybe, maybe not.

Are set of 10 year old BBS rims with no history any safer than set of knock off's from e-bay, just because they are more expensive? Probably not.

You could check for the approved safety stamps? This is based on the premise that you know that those clever forgers have not also copied the stamps and pressings.

The wheels on my british built Jaguar XF were made in Poland ?

I did a bit of research into this and like lots of people have said, depend who you buy them from. In the end I bought replica wheels from DRC (German make). Look easily as good as the originals and were only 130 per wheel for 19's. I was very happy with them.

They are available as I have just bought a new car. 19" 8.5 front and 9.5 rear though (came off of a 2007 CLS).

Hello

Thanks
Still looking for replica 19" AMG wheels?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom