Reporting bad drivers to Police ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Middletone

I am driving since I was 15 ( my dad helped me ). Got my licence and never had a fine, no accidents, nothing. I am a safe driver. Went even for Safe Plus from ROSPA. Well, my job says it all, right ? :)

We all drive to/from work daily/weekly and we notice bad, aggressive and insane drivers. When you see these drivers, would you report it to the Police ?
I am . Taken lots of photos, mobile phone live recordings. These kids DO NOT deserve to drive at all.

Drive safe ! :ban:

So it-s bad, right ? I know ...respecting the LAW is a crime , isn-t it !? Well... I do respect the LAW !

I bet you've got the boxed set of Death Wish DVDs

I have , in extreme cases , reported a few drivers in my time , but not that many .

One that comes to mind was the Porsche driver who crawled along an A road , late at night , at about 20 mph , weaving all over the place ( both sides of the road ) braking whenever a car came from the opposite direction . I eventually managed to pass him at a safe distance and reported him to the police car I encountered in the next village ( I strongly suspected he was drunk or otherwise unfit ) . This was before the days of mobile phones - needless to say the cops took off in his direction without delay .

I would have to comment , though , that ( unless you have 'video vigilante' equipment installed in your car - which , in itself , says something ) taking photographs or video footage of other drivers whilst driving yourself is hardly a safe practice .

If you have done any level of ROSPA you will be aware of the phrase " The full application of mind and body to a particular endeavour , to the complete exclusion of everything not relevant to that endeavour "

Quote " Well, my job says it all, right ? " - well , we can hardly say since you make no mention of whatever it is .

Last edited:
You can report idiots, as long as you don't expect the police to do anything. That said, if they get a few reports about the same car, the may look a little deeper...

That said, I don't actually see more that a couple of drivers a year that really make me cross, then I just swear profusely, usually internally, and keep well out their way.

Saves a lot of stress.

I actually agree. Based on driving style and attitude a lot of young drivers do not deserve to drive.

But then again... a lot of us admit to having "fun" on the roads. Not saying that the fun had is law breaking. But when things get dangerous I believe action needs to be taken.

Some things might need reporting, but it sounds to me like you want to be a traffic cop :crazy:

When you say you have taken lots of photo's, mobile phone live recordings, don't you think some people might just put you up there in the same class of driver as the ones you are planning on reporting? :ban:

If I see someone leaving a pub with wobbly legs and get into a car I would consider reporting them, but general bad driving just isn't worth the effort, and without proper qualifications, who are you to say they are in the wrong :confused:

I am worried your driving may be getting affected with these drivers always distracting you as well. :doh:

Would you report an under age driver, say a fifteen year old?

How could you be certain of their age ( unless you knew and recognised them ) ?

I 'might' report them for the standard of their driving ( if it was bad enough to endanger others ) but not just because I 'thought' they looked underage .

I 'might' report them for the standard of their driving ( if it was bad enough to endanger others ) but not just because I 'thought' they looked underage .

I think he may be referring to the OP

It was aimed at the op as stated in the first post Derek.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom