Reprogramming possibilities

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

negs99

Car
C200 Avantgarde SE Komp
Hi All

I am going to have an ipod integration kit fitted soon at MB dealers. I have noticed on other posts that it is possible to re-programme certain extra features into the car, auto folding mirrors being one.
Does anyone know what other extra stuff can be added to my Nov 2004 facelift C200 with audio 20 and UHI phone already fitted.
Thought while I was getting the ipod done might see what else can be added that is cool/useful.

thanks guys/girls

As long as your car is an o5 model you can have all the mods my car has as long as your dealer knows how to do it!!;)

Lets us know how you get on. Where in the country are you?

negs99 said:
Hi All

I am going to have an ipod integration kit fitted soon at MB dealers. I have noticed on other posts that it is possible to re-programme certain extra features into the car, auto folding mirrors being one.
Does anyone know what other extra stuff can be added to my Nov 2004 facelift C200 with audio 20 and UHI phone already fitted.
Thought while I was getting the ipod done might see what else can be added that is cool/useful.

thanks guys/girls

This is the wish list and depending on the tool they are using they may or may not be able to offer you all of these items.

- Fuel volume in fuel tank (goes on same screen as distance to empty)
- iPOD kit (noted)
- auto folding mirrors (with folding mirror mechanism)
- left side mirror dipping in reverse (with left memory mirror)
- switch menu for left side dipping in cluster settings
- run flat indication message (tyre pressure loss warning)
- turning lamps (one fog switches on with indicator or steering turn)
- activate both rear lamps for fog operation (SLK and ML only)
- DVD region free (SLK and up)
- TV tuner whilst driving (hardware in W203/209 and software in others)
- DVD whilst driving (SLK and up)
- remove UK restrictions in cluster (UK variante)
- alarm system chirp when locking
- chassis lowering with software (E class and CLS with airmatic)
- rain sensor retrofit (SLK, A, B only)
- cruise control splash screen showing the actual speed setting (not easy)
- diesel pre-glow information screen (diesel engines instrument cluster)
- speed limiter retrofit (A and B class) (software settings needed)

The list keeps growing all the time as solutions are worked out.

Some dealers may not have the tool to do these. So dont be tough on them.

:D some people however do have the tools :rock:

Some useful and cheap retrofits for the W203

- puddle lights in front doors (one lamp and SLK puddle lamp cable) (cable already there in pre-2005 cars.

- AUX cable (for those not opting into iPOD)

- dimming rear view mirror (not cheap but useful)

miro said:
Some useful and cheap retrofits for the W203

- puddle lights in front doors (one lamp and SLK puddle lamp cable) (cable already there in pre-2005 cars.

If your model is a ELegeance/Avantagarde then you will not need to do this mod (its only applies to the Classic trim) ;)

miro said:
- diesel pre-glow information screen (diesel engines instrument cluster)
What does this do?

Removing the UK restrictions in the cluster gets rid of the KPH only display so it can be replaced with ext temp. Although it apparently does then cause an issue that the speed limiter setting doesn't show.

miro said:
170 or 171? Is the cable just two wires with a plug on the end? MB have killed the one used in the W202, I presume it's been updated to a new cable available in another model - need to update my HOWTO ;)
Flash said:
If your model is a ELegeance/Avantagarde then you will not need to do this mod (its only applies to the Classic trim) ;)
LOL I presume those are the Mexican, non-union alternatives to Elegance and Avantgarde ;)

Miro- cruise control splash screen showing the actual speed setting (not easy)

.....oh no another mod to do! I hadn't heard of that one! :)

The SL (R230) can have a clock in the Right hand display (if UK mode is turned off) - same as the SLR. It can also be set to warn if keys are left in car, and if driver or passenger undoes seatbelt , just with a picture, and if you want with some "annoying binging thing". You can also turn off the binging seatbelt thing as-well.

The SL, and I beleive others can also have "gulf state warning" turned on, which I beleive makes the car beep (presumably only once) if you go over around 80MPH.

If anyone speaks good technical German, I have a 3 page list of the hidden settings in a SL cluster that I once persuaded someone with a Star machine that was in a mode which gave extra settings to print out. (I'd have to scan it). PM me !

Richard

Richard you have a PM!

BTW is the dont leave your key in the car alarm standard? My car does it but I cant remember if it did when I picked it up. Any w203 facelift owners able to confirm?

R2D2 said:
Richard you have a PM!

BTW is the dont leave your key in the car alarm standard? My car does it but I cant remember if it did when I picked it up. Any w203 facelift owners able to confirm?
Yep, mine does that - a warning pops up in the MFD too.

Rory said:
Yep, mine does that - a warning pops up in the MFD too.

OK, must just be the SL (March 2004) UK model that didnt have it turned on as standard. Theres also a menu item for "trunk lid closing limiter", which can be turned on off - apparently this is for the MY2007 (i.e facelift) that has electric boot/trunk closing.

In one of the other controllers is a menu for the "fog light showing lighting the road when turning (can't remember what it was)" - but turning it on has no effect on that car.

R

richard said:
In one of the other controllers is a menu for the "fog light showing lighting the road when turning (can't remember what it was)" - but turning it on has no effect on that car.
On the W203 (and others presumeably) this only works below a certain speed, when the indicators are on, and (I think) when the steering wheel is turned more than a certain amount. Oh, and I guess the normal lights have to be on, too!

Thank you everyone for your help and replies really appreciate it.
I have an 05 facelift model even though it was registered Nov 04 - I am in the UK (R2D2). It is an Avantegarde model so already has the puddle lights.
It does alarm if you leave the key in the ignition as standard.
I will ask them nicely if they can do any of the hings suggested and see what they say. I will report back as and when.

Thanks again for all your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom