Request for Info

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheStid

Car
W205 C200 Sport Premium
My father passed away a couple of months ago and I will be selling his car, a 1998 R reg Merc C240 Elegance in white.
It is currently SORN'd as the MOT has just expired (which I do intend to get renewed) and has under 60k on the clock, and is in generally very good condition but I have no idea how much it is worth. From what I have seen it could be around £900-£1400. Any infomation would be welcome.
Honest John said try Motorway.co.uk, but it looks like the car is too old at 22 years for anyone to offer a quote online. Not tried "anycar" as yet

I'd be inclined to look at Autotrader and eBay and get an idea of what is being asked for similar milage/age/condition cars.
If its rust free, you should get a decent price with a full MOT and full service history.

Good luck with the sale, and sorry to read about the sad circumstances requiring the car to be sold.

I would say around the £1000 mark.What may count against it as a "daily runner " it is that lovely but thirsty V6 petrol engine. :( How many previous owners - can make a difference to any buyer's perception?

Here's a few examples that might help

Used Mercedes c240 for Sale | Used Cars | Gumtree

Sorry to hear about your father. Mine passed away 2 years ago and I had the horrible task of selling his car once probate came through..

I would say around the £1000 mark.What may count against it as a "daily runner " it is that lovely but thirsty V6 petrol engine. :( How many previous owners - can make a difference to any buyer's perception?
The original owner (a friend of my dad) and then my dad (and now me as I had to re-register it as part of the "Tell Us Once" process removes the keeper!!)

I'd be inclined to look at Autotrader and eBay and get an idea of what is being asked for similar milage/age/condition cars.
If its rust free, you should get a decent price with a full MOT and full service history.

Good luck with the sale, and sorry to read about the sad circumstances requiring the car to be sold.
Many thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom