Request for Mercedes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

m2mb

SUPPORTER
Car
E220 CDI 2008, E220d 2019
Bring the serious warning (see Picture is from w211) BACK on the dash of w213 when doors are not properly shut when driving (off) /20201107_182252_compress79.jpg above x mph.

Maybe i am missing something but are you not supposed to get a warning when driving off and the doors are not shut properly ???

Looks like you also have a serious wheel balancing issue.

K

Maybe i am missing something but are you not supposed to get a warning when driving off and the doors are not shut properly ???

Looks like you also have a serious wheel balancing issue.

K
KennyN, yes you get a warning but not as scary as the above!!!

The world has moved on. Once you had no warning other than a door light staying on (if it worked!). So no logic in asking who's paying attention or not. I am. To the doors for that matter and to improving things too.
Would you discount the importance of similar systems like lane departure assist, blind spot assist, brake assist and so on? Can you compensate by "paying" (more) attention?
I thought the point here is for the system to assist you in those rare (or not) situations.

Perhaps the door was shut enough to latch....did it open when you went round a corner?

The world has moved on. Once you had no warning other than a door light staying on (if it worked!). So no logic in asking who's paying attention or not. I am. To the doors for that matter and to improving things too.
Would you discount the importance of similar systems like lane departure assist, blind spot assist, brake assist and so on? Can you compensate by "paying" (more) attention?
I thought the point here is for the system to assist you in those rare (or not) situations.
Systems fail, you are, as the driver, the person who is taking overall responsibility to ensure the vehicle is safe.

All I was trying to state in my first post is that mb is not what it used to be. But this is an easy fix with todays electronics. The warning must be pronounced and audible too. ( The was even a recall in the US for a seat belt system without sound warning)

All I was trying to state in my first post is that mb is not what it used to be. But this is an easy fix with todays electronics. The warning must be pronounced and audible too. ( The was even a recall in the US for a seat belt system without sound warning)
So I think you said you do get a warning in the new W213 E-Class but it’s not as clearly seen or heard as it used to be in previous generations - what did it do then and what does it do now?

Whilst I suspect that MBClub members will be interested enough to reply to your post, if this is a real concern - or feature request - then you should contact Mercedes by email (or letter) because it’s unlikely that the right person from Mercedes would find this thread, and then take action.

Bored now.

Do you not find it ironic that you choose to illustrate a post about a safety issue with a photograph clearly taken whilst driving?

Yes. My request still stands!
MB please take action...
Our comments still stand.

Write to MB UK

This forum is not owned by Mercedes Benz despite having "MB" in the name so your constant complaints here are just electronic chatter.

I note you still do not seem to understand the irony of complaining about what you see as a safety-related manner whilst publishing ( an awful quality) photograph taken whilst driving. :wallbash:

I am not complaining here (why should I?).
I believe in big brother practices though.

I am not complaining here (why should I?).
I believe in big brother practices though.
You have been complaining here from the start!

As for your other comment. have no idea what you are alluding to and I suspect neither do you. have had it with this tedious and pointless post.

Take care now, remember to cross the road safely :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom