Request, please.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MangoMan

MB Enthusiast
Car
2001 W208 CLK320 Coupe Almandine-Black. (Looks Purple-ish).
I need to change the switch for my sunroof, I have the switch, I was just wondering how to remove the light fitting it is located in?

I have removed them before on a 126, but this one seems not to want to budge.

Any Ideas please??? :confused:

p.s. It's a 1990 w124 300ce.

Hi Shude, did eventually figure it out.

Sitting in the driver's seat, you lever off the light fitting on the side that has the switch control for the interior light.
About a half inch from either side, (narrow side facing you) underneath the black plastic surround there are 2 metal clips which you have to push in simultaneously, thereby releasing the whole light fitting. It's quite finicky, so be patient.

Once the light fitting is released, it is easier to remove the sunroof switch if you remove all electrical plugs first. Be carefull with the tiny one for the climate control sensor, this has got little clips on either side of it. Also there is a pipe conected to the light fitting, which is very short, and is a bitch to put back on when replacing the light fitting! (because it being so short)

The sunroof switch is held into place with 4 clips, 2 on each side, these seem quite fragile, so be carefull! The switch comes out towards the outside of the light assy. Simply click the new switch into place, taking note of which way the old one came out.

Then simply re-conect the the electrical plugs and test before replacing light assy.

As I say the tube is a bit of a struggle to get on properly because it is so short, (long thin fingers help) :)

To put the light assy back into situ, just do the reverse of taking it out, sunroof switch side of assy in first, then push in other side.

Should take about 15 mins.

Thank-You & 'Goodnight' :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom