Required drivers door lock 1989 190E

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Millhouse

Car
190E + AMG A35
Hi everyone I'm new to your club but not to Mercedes someone tried to break in to my 1989 190E and made a right mess of the lock could someone please point me in the right direction for a replacement part please

I've got some door lock sets from W201s & W124s. Can you post a photo of your lock pls?

Don't remember, that's why I asked for a photo.

Sorry, all the door locks I have are for a W124.

Hi everyone I'm new to your club but not to Mercedes someone tried to break in to my 1989 190E and made a right mess of the lock could someone please point me in the right direction for a replacement part please
Your local MB main dealer may be able to get a new lock & key for you.

All you need is a new barrel and key,the inside will be ok .Or go auto remote central locking and use on key fob .
Thank you, I now have a problem with it starting and it seems there no fuel getting through 3/4 fuel in tank the fuel not getting past the regulator with the vacuum pipe at the rear any ideas any second hand ones about ?

There is ,,but second hand one are anything from £150 to £250 each .What make you think there is no fuel in there ?You dont find fuel exiting that small bore pipe ..And if there is fuel coming out of the small bore pipe then the regulator is toast

There is ,,but second hand one are anything from £150 to £250 each .What make you think there is no fuel in there ?You dont find fuel exiting that small bore pipe ..And if there is fuel coming out of the small bore pipe then the regulator is toast
Theres loads of fuel going in but nothing coming out anywhere, why are they so expensive and could i check something else if its not that what could it be nothing in injector pipes ?

Might be helpfull if you told us what engine you have . Do this test first- take off the air filter box and gently push down the throttle plate .When you do this , the plate should return to its normal possision as you let it go .Thats if you have fuel in there it will return .If no fuel then try spraying some engine quick start in the top of the throttle and see if it will start then, if it starts its fuel related problem and we need to look else where .. And another way is to check if fuel is getting in is to pull a spark plug and see if its wet with fuel .If wet ite electrical problem

Might be helpfull if you told us what engine you have . Do this test first- take off the air filter box and gently push down the throttle plate .When you do this , the plate should return to its normal possision as you let it go .Thats if you have fuel in there it will return .If no fuel then try spraying some engine quick start in the top of the throttle and see if it will start then, if it starts its fuel related problem and we need to look else where .. And another way is to check if fuel is getting in is to pull a spark plug and see if its wet with fuel .If wet ite electrical problem
Sorry its a 2.0 ltr and yes have done all of that, It tried to start with quick start but its fuel related I've checked online and found regulator so ordered it I'm sure this is the problem thank you for helping me cheers

There might be other problems i have never ever known this part fail .If it dose,then fuel escapes from small tube from the end that goes in to the rockerbox. I would have checked all the fuses along with vacuum lines and earth points before you spend hard earned cash .Hope your idea of it being the fuel regulator is a right one .

There might be other problems i have never ever known this part fail .If it dose,then fuel escapes from small tube from the end that goes in to the rockerbox. I would have checked all the fuses along with vacuum lines and earth points before you spend hard earned cash .Hope your idea of it being the fuel regulator is a right one .
Theres is no electrical connection to it, is the vacuum line controlled with relays ? Theres fuel pouring out of the main line feed when i disconnect it and with the union open and turning over the engine no fuel comes out sorry if I sound like a bit of a **** cheers
Bob

millhouse can you post a picture,, if it is possible .I have another part in mind to you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom