Requires Service already?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bulldoze

Hi all, Got our C220cdi 5 weeks ago and just noticed the service indicator stating that a B service will be required in 1300miles; which at our current mileage rate will be about 3 weeks.

Now we got the car from Mercedes main dealer with all the warranty and such, I have read somewhere that the car should not need a service up to 3 months after purchase? is this true? I want to get my facts right before I take this up with the dealer.

Also, how much will we be looking at price wise? the car will have done 19000 by service time and this will be its second service.

They should leave the dealer with a minimum of 3000miles left on the service indicator.

I've just had a B Service at 20,000 miles.
Even supplying my own Mobil 1, it still cost £468.
As the car was 2 years old, that included brake fluid change as well.
You could be looking at £550 or thereabouts, assuming no other work is required.

Russ

They should leave the dealer with a minimum of 3000miles left on the service indicator.

Well...... that's a good mark for MB Preston, then.

The 51 reg C200K I bought a few months ago from them was given a full service before collection. Still showing 7000 miles to next service.

:)

As a 2006 car, that looks like a low mileage for a second service. Looking in the service book, my car's first was at 16000+, second at 29000. When, and at what mileage was your car's first service? Just intrigued...

So bulldoze if is doing 430 miles a week and has had the car for 5 weeks, thats 2150 miles + the 1300 to go = 3450.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom