Reserve fuel light on very early on B class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paolo75

Car
B class b200
Hi Guys

A bit of a silly question, I have purchased a b class b200 diesel 2013 model and have only filled it once, the needle has just dropped under a quarter tank around half way of quarter tank and the reserve light has just come on, is this normal as it seems a bit to early, guess I can drive a little more till it gets down to the empty marker before filling up.

Thanks in advance

Paolo

Mine comes on half way between 1/4 of a tank and empty which given it's supposed to come on at 8 litres seems about right. I agree though it's a little conservative as on the motorway I could do almost 100 miles on 8 litres. With my old car it came on at 6 litres which was good for 50 miles.

Hi Guys

A bit of a silly question, I have purchased a b class b200 diesel 2013 model and have only filled it once, the needle has just dropped under a quarter tank around half way of quarter tank and the reserve light has just come on, is this normal as it seems a bit to early, guess I can drive a little more till it gets down to the empty marker before filling up.

Thanks in advance

Paolo

Yep, same here. I just ignore it until it's touching empty. 'Fuel Tank Roulette'

One day I'll get caught out :wallbash:

Ant

Thanks guys!! Thought there might be a problem. Range was still showing 55 miles so all good.

Regards

Paolo

Sounds like a real 3rd world problem..

Why not fill the tank every time the gauge reads 3/4 full :thumb:

MB spend millions trying to knock a few Kg off the weight of the car which is all put too nought if we drive around with the tank always near full.

Running out of fuel is not smart on engines with a cat which is probably why MB have got more conservative with the reserve. Even still 100 miles seems too cautious and 50 miles would be more than enough for me. They should have set it at no more than 4 or 5 litres unless of course it's an AMG 63 which might just be the reason we all get an 8 litre reserve.

Yep, same here. I just ignore it until it's touching empty. 'Fuel Tank Roulette'

One day I'll get caught out :wallbash:

Ant
Don't call me for help, I may be in the same situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom