Reserved Parking at Crown Plaza, Docklands - Cancelled

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

m80

MB Enthusiast
Car
Viano ex long, 651 2014. S211 646 2009 (till the Gov't drones blow 'em off the road)
Step Daughter lives close by the Crown Plaza, we've used their rear parking 3 times previously.
The price varies, I guess dependant on what's going on locally (at the Excel likely as not) and their hotel bookings.

So Mrs Me's birthday tomorrow and little girlie invites us down so Mum can have a face treatment thingy, off to a restaurant and to a swanky bar later. All needs pre booking and the payment or deposit up front not surprisingly.

'your parking space' takes the booking on the 8th May for parking Saturday night as usual at the Crown Plaza. Today that is cancelled and dosh refunded.

So I assume the Plaza have taken more hotel bookings and prioritised their guests for the parking area.
So they are able to reserve the likes of us in case, but leave us w/o parking later when it suits.

The options are now to park a mile or more away on some one's driveway, no thanks, it's nice to know the car is secure and not blocked in when we are due to drive home.
There is also some industrial looking complex I've no knowledge of.

London as usual proves to be all about money, service is as convenient to the supplier. Gits.

I usually use JustPark for parking spaces, and choose (as you did) a hotel, sports or leisure centre and avoid the option of someone's driveway. I hope you find a convenient and safe location.

Step Daughter lives close by the Crown Plaza, we've used their rear parking 3 times previously.
The price varies, I guess dependant on what's going on locally (at the Excel likely as not) and their hotel bookings.

So Mrs Me's birthday tomorrow and little girlie invites us down so Mum can have a face treatment thingy, off to a restaurant and to a swanky bar later. All needs pre booking and the payment or deposit up front not surprisingly.

'your parking space' takes the booking on the 8th May for parking Saturday night as usual at the Crown Plaza. Today that is cancelled and dosh refunded.

So I assume the Plaza have taken more hotel bookings and prioritised their guests for the parking area.
So they are able to reserve the likes of us in case, but leave us w/o parking later when it suits.

The options are now to park a mile or more away on some one's driveway, no thanks, it's nice to know the car is secure and not blocked in when we are due to drive home.
There is also some industrial looking complex I've no knowledge of.

London as usual proves to be all about money, service is as convenient to the supplier. Gits.
@m80 Sounds very frustrating. I've used services like your parking space before and I had some issues because effectively it's a third party, not the owner of the parking spaces. After that, I never felt comfortable with these kind of services, and only book with a car park directly where the space is genuinely guaranteed.

Could you not park where you are staying?

While the block invariably has spaces unused, and on one occasion we were allowed to use such when she moved in, the 'security / concierge / buy with a smidgeon of power seems to make a repeat difficult.

"I can tell you at 6pm" or what ever, really leaves the risk too great.
Maybe little girlie is a bit bashful and w/o confidence to offer an incentive, or perhaps remind him he is there for the occupants.

The parking company finished their email with "Happy Parking". I had to ask if that was intended as sarcasm.

When I drive to London from Derbyshire I park at East Finchley station and take the tube wherever I want to go.

Reactions: m80
Sorry if I’m not following along, but have you tried the car park at the excel? I’ve parked there plenty of times for either the excel or other events and it’s safe, has good lighting and cameras and was always accessible 24hours a day.

Have you used the Crown Plaza's car park before COVID?

I am thinking that they may have listed their parking spaces with parking apps while the hotel was closed, in order to try and generate some revenue.

But with the announcement on 10th May that hotels can reopen as of 17th may, perhaps they no longer wish to provide parking spaces for non-guests?

Just a theory.

Sorry if I’m not following along, but have you tried the car park at the excel? I’ve parked there plenty of times for either the excel or other events and it’s safe, has good lighting and cameras and was always accessible 24hours a day.

Yup, we have used that one too, good one to use. Plenty of room, at least when we have used it :)

The options are now to park a mile or more away on some one's driveway, no thanks,..

mmm 1st world problem?

Park in a suitable multi story etc and get a taxi / UBER to where you are going. Sounds like the cost of a taxi is peanuts compared to a night out ending in a “swanky bar”......

Have you used the Crown Plaza's car park before COVID?

I am thinking that they may have listed their parking spaces with parking apps while the hotel was closed, in order to try and generate some revenue.

But with the announcement on 10th May that hotels can reopen as of 17th may, perhaps they no longer wish to provide parking spaces for non-guests?

Just a theory.

We / I have used it prior to covid and as girlie is in our bubble during covid.
It seems they use ANPR as the barrier is always automatic in and out.
It has been convenient.

Yup, we have used that one too, good one to use. Plenty of room, at least when we have used it :)
Thanks, I'm looking in to that.
So far I can't see a pre book option, but even so it sounds good.

Thanks, I'm looking in to that.
So far I can't see a pre book option, but even so it sounds good.
Of course 😊 I’ve been to different events there with thousands of people and there has never been a need to pre-book, the car park is underground and covers the entire length of the centre so I’m sure it should be fine if you wanted to turn up on the day. But with everything going on I’d probably call their helpdesk to double check 👍

Hope all goes well!

Reactions: m80
I just hate it when they insist on coming up to that there London then insisting on livin' in t middle of 't rood in't cardboard box .

Relax and book the closest driveway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom