Reset Gearbox learning style 2017 E220?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E220Downer

SUPPORTER
Car
E220D Estate
I’ve got the 9G auto box in my e220 and apparently it learns and stores the drivers “style” for gear changes etc.
Does anyone know who to reset this ?
Cheers

You can re-set it on a Star.

What do you want to? It will adapt by itself to your driving style.

You can re-set it on a Star.

What do you want to? It will adapt by itself to your driving style.
No particular reason other than I was under the impression it’s better to reset and start again with new driver.
How good is the system at learning driving styles?
The gear changes seem very smooth already I’ve noticed..... just not had much chance to drive the car yet ...

No particular reason other than I was under the impression it’s better to reset and start again with new driver.
How good is the system at learning driving styles?
The gear changes seem very smooth already I’ve noticed..... just not had much chance to drive the car yet ...
It’s very good at adapting. I forget how many events the learning is based upon, but from memory all but the shortest journeys will refresh the adaptations. Drive the car as you wish to drive and the car will adapt to suit.

Internet forummers often talk of resetting the gearbox to speed up shifts, by turning the ignition on (but not starting the engine), and holding the accelerator to the floor for 10 seconds. They speak of the need to do it regularly because it softens again.

That doesn’t reset anything, it just fools the car into thinking that you’ve stolen the car. When you start and drive the car for a while the car will continue react like you’ve stolen it, but will soon learn that you haven’t and soften it’s responses accordingly.

The reality is that most people don’t accelerate hard very regularly, and so the transmission adapts to that, and hence it softens it’s reaponses. If we then put our foot down it’s not anticipating it and hence slower reaction.

Drive it like you stole it all the time and it will continue to be like a coiled spring! No reset needed, if you accelerate hard from rest on a fast road a few times your car will sharpen It’s responses ...until you start driving normally again, that is! 😁

It’s very good at adapting. I forget how many events the learning is based upon, but from memory all but the shortest journeys will refresh the adaptations. Drive the car as you wish to drive and the car will adapt to suit.

Internet forummers often talk of resetting the gearbox to speed up shifts, by turning the ignition on (but not starting the engine), and holding the accelerator to the floor for 10 seconds. They speak of the need to do it regularly because it softens again.

That doesn’t reset anything, it just fools the car into thinking that you’ve stolen the car. When you start and drive the car for a while the car will continue react like you’ve stolen it, but will soon learn that you haven’t and soften it’s responses accordingly.

The reality is that most people don’t accelerate hard very regularly, and so the transmission adapts to that, and hence it softens it’s reaponses. If we then put our foot down it’s not anticipating it and hence slower reaction.

Drive it like you stole it all the time and it will continue to be like a coiled spring! No reset needed, if you accelerate hard from rest on a fast road a few times your car will sharpen It’s responses ...until you start driving normally again, that is! 😁
Good to know, thanks for the detailed reply.
I’ll leave well alone then and allow the car to adapt to my expert driving skills... 🛺
Not had chance to play with the dynamic setup either, except a short blast in Sport+ (essential journey you understand) 😇
Cheers.

Good to know, thanks for the detailed reply.
I’ll leave well alone then and allow the car to adapt to my expert driving skills... 🛺
Not had chance to play with the dynamic setup either, except a short blast in Sport+ (essential journey you understand) 😇
Cheers.
Best get those essential journeys completed as quickly and as safely as possible, so using Sport+ is a necessity 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom