Resetting Becker Map Pilot Without Car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MilesWFB

Car
2015 C220d S205
Hello all,

Hopefully, this is a quick question

I want to sell my Becker Map Pilot so I would like to wipe personal info from it like saved locations etc.

The problem I have is that the rotary control knob in the car does not work in terms of the rotary function (up/down and left/right still works) but the poor design of the system means that I can no longer control the Map Pilot.

I know there is the setting to reset and wipe the data from the menu pages but I can't access them as said before.

I tried looking on the content manager but I could find anything there

Is there a way of wiping the data or do I need to find a car that I can borrow to wipe the data 😂

Thanks in advance.

I haven't got access to my Map Pilot so can't check at the moment, but can you do this in 'Back Up and Restore' in Becker Content Manager?

Check the user manual to see what the reset button on the box does exactly. It's been a while since I sold my BMP and I don't remember if the reset button actually wipes the user data.

Check the user manual to see what the reset button on the box does exactly. It's been a while since I sold my BMP and I don't remember if the reset button actually wipes the user data.
I tried it but nothing seems to happen, even tried holding but still nothing, Says nothing about the reset button in the manual as well.

Last edited:
I haven't got access to my Map Pilot so can't check at the moment, but can you do this in 'Back Up and Restore' in Becker Content Manager?
I'll have a look now 👍

I had a look but only the Backup and Restore buttons only open the file explorer to chose a backup or a place where to back up too

I had a look but only the Backup and Restore buttons only open the file explorer to chose a backup or a place where to back up too
Drat! Was worth a try......I must admit the Becker Content Manager software doesn't seem particularly well designed.

Drat! Was worth a try......I must admit the Becker Content Manager software doesn't seem particularly well designed.
No, it really isn't well designed, I still wonder why the up/down left/right movement cant control it in the car 🤔

It's a common problem with the rotary controllers; IIRC you can get a repair kit rather than having to replace the whole controller.

It's a common problem with the rotary controllers; IIRC you can get a repair kit rather than having to replace the whole controller.
When it broke I just used my phone and the car is going soon so no point in repairing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom