Resetting internal blower position

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hitenhirani

Car
w204 facelift C250 Petrol
[SOLVED] Resetting internal blower position

Hi all,
I dont really post much, as I'm not very familiar with 'fixing' or providing solutions to problems, but like to read topics that interets me, and anything to do with a w203, so if i come across a problem, I'm aware of a fix.
Now, having said, i cannot for th life of me find a thread/post to fix this problem I am having.

I find that, the heater blower position doesnt really coincide with the position I want it at.
I've searched high and low for this post, but someone once said that by pressing two buttons together, it resets the position of the blower, and basically you start a fresh.

Can anyone please shed any light?
I've tried pressing the Auto+Recirc button, and the driver side window goes up! probably generating the same CAN signal or something?!?! :confused:

If someone could let me know what I need to do to reset the position, id be very grateful, Id want to try this before opening up the dash and getting all sorts of motors etc.

Thanks in advance all.

Last edited:
Found it :)

If one adjusts the direction control the unit will become semi-auto, still automatically control the fan speed.
Conversely if you adjust the fan speed the unit will still control the direction.

Press the Auto button to go into total manual.

If the unit is a direct replacement then the flaps will need 'normalising' done by pressing and holding the recirc and demist buttons until they start flashing. Normalising takes about 30 sec

Thanks!!! worked a treat, even though it wasnt a new unit, it seemed to have fixed the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom