Resetting SRS (Air Bag) Warning Light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SmartestSmarty

Car
C200k
Hello all,

I had to replace my window regulator recently, and while doing so, I disconnected the side air bag.

I now have a SRS warning light on the dash.

Does anyone know how to clear this?

Kind regards.

Hi,
It was most likely caused by you switching on the ignition whilst the airbag was disconnected.
To extinguish it you will need to get it plugged into either STAR (MB diagnostic tool) or another diagnostic code reader of some sort. Be warned though not all diagnostic tools can read/erase MB fault codes.
Where in the UK are you? maybe someone can reccommend a good Indy near you.

Hi,
It was most likely caused by you switching on the ignition whilst the airbag was disconnected.
To extinguish it you will need to get it plugged into either STAR (MB diagnostic tool) or another diagnostic code reader of some sort. Be warned though not all diagnostic tools can read/erase MB fault codes.
Where in the UK are you? maybe someone can reccommend a good Indy near you.

Thanks for your reply.

Anyone in London would be great if you have any recommendations?

Wayne Gates in Harrow? He's a member here.

an airbag reset tool can help you
and the BENZ ESL Resetter is a good choice

No its not. Its nothing to do with this. In this case the BENZ ESL Resetter is a very bad choice.

It's a worth a try this method. Try disconnecting battery for about an hour and the reconnect it back. I had similar issue years ago on Fiat Barchetta when I was installing sound system and removed seat with pre-tensioner and airbag, and got warning light. Took the battery clamps off for 45 minutes, reconnected back, and light has disappeared....

just my 2p worth....If it doesn't work, back to the drawing board and STAR.

any Snapon diagnostics will reset air bag lights, would think most small garages would have it to hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom