Responsivness of a C230 K 1997?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Merc man gave it back with a health warning! He said he took her for a blast and the rear end was snaking all over when he changed to second, He says the manual box makes it leathel and that my wife should take car (newish driver) I said you must be used to these, getting lots of Kompressor engines? Not the manuals, he rarely sees them.

When a person gets past a certain age they start to dislike proper cars with proper gearboxes :D .....

Seriously though, the boxes on these are rock solid and lots of fun to drive :bannana: do you have traction control?

Yes desilva, i'm really glad you brought it to my attention, well worth it. By the way, does your engine have the throttle going downwards or to the side?

Cuz my engine is the M111 975 and so is andy's and shaun's. I still managed it though.

Mine is as per the pdf....downwards.

Wait till something goes wrong with the gearbox , then you'll have fun ( trying to get it repaired ) ... ;)

Hi,
Why? whats the problem about getting a MB manual gearbox repaired? I was,nt aware of any issues with the MB manual gearbox (apart from a manual gearbox generally not being a favoured option).
I would rather be faced with the bill to repair a manual box than an auto, if my AMG is anything to go by £3000 for the gearbox and no warranty on new gearbox unless the Torque convertor is replaced at a further £1000 plus labour charges, and as my AMG box is a 722.6 box I can,t see this figure changing drastically on any other 722.6 box equipped MB.
Money spent on just reconditioning an auto box, would buy a new manual gearbox from MB.

Those problems do sound quite severe.... but i remember when i was told my gearbox was faulty (when it wasn't) i bought a whole second hand gearbox for £280 from dronsfields, delivered.

And labour cost is free cuz i can do it myself!

Not fussed about that at the moment to be honest!

Last edited:
Seem to remember that Graham had problems finding someone to work on it , someone else ( can't remember who offhand ) had the same problem ... no one wants to work on MB manual gearboxes .

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=13475

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=13894&highlight=manual+gearbox

Mind you, i did have this issue you when i bought it, exactly same, third gear too happened to twitch when i let off acceleration... but when me and my mate changed the fluid this stopped... and its never haunted me since

*touch wooD*

Hi,
Over 130,000 miles on mine and the oil has never been done as yet :crazy:
Better change it soon.
Any one know the oil capacity? I think its approx. 2.5 litres can any one confirm?

Hi,
Over 130,000 miles on mine and the oil has never been done as yet :crazy:
Better change it soon.
Any one know the oil capacity? I think its approx. 2.5 litres can any one confirm?

its 1.5 litres mate. Buy the oil from MB, i remember it being £28ish for both bottles (1 litre each).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom