Respray from Hughes of Beaconsfield

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2swift4u

Car
00 E300TD
Has amyone here had body repair work done by Hughes of Beaconsfield if so were they any good

I had the n/s of the my car resprayed by them because some one had hit me i was and still am very disapointed with the paintwork even tho they sprayed it twice its been about 6 months now and the paint work is starting to bubble and i can see loads of orange peal effect
I wouldnt recomend any one to them.

I've just done a bonnet and 2 wings on a 1999 SLK that were done at Hughes a month ago.
From the state they left the car in, they shouldn't be in business.
On the plus side, (for my customer), I was £150 cheaper than them too !!:bannana: :bannana:

As for the orange peel you can see, this would have been noticeable at the time you picked the car up.:confused:

Grav,

What kinda money would you want to do a complete respray on my W124CE?

No rust....just 12 years of stone chips, supermarket trolleys and stupid idiots not being careful opening doors.

Well as for the orange peal effect i didnt really no much about panitwork but i told told them that the paint looks too thick RICK WATFORD said "thats how it should be we have already sprayed it twice were not going to spary it again" a couple months later my son told me about the orange peal and yesterday when i was washing my car i saw loads of buble plus there is an area that feels rough i tried t-cutting it but i still feels rough

Last edited:
Sounds like a cowboy job to me. I would personally go round to some local self employed accident damage paint shops (look in the Yellow Pages) where you will be able to view the standard of their work there and then as they should always have cars in for repair, nothing better better than a practical example of some ones handy work.

@ SP!KE.
I would need to see your car first, but an average price is between £1200 and £1500.
This is for a paint job done in 2 pack base and clear, with 4 coats of lacquer. (you could have a shave in the panels !!!).
Because my workshop is not up and running yet, I use my mates.
I have to fit in around him,(and my lorry driving).
I am fully booked until the 2nd week in August.
You going to the GTG? I can have a look there if you still need it done.

Originally posted by GRAV888
@ SP!KE.
I would need to see your car first, but an average price is between £1200 and £1500.
This is for a paint job done in 2 pack base and clear, with 4 coats of lacquer. (you could have a shave in the panels !!!).
Because my workshop is not up and running yet, I use my mates.
I have to fit in around him,(and my lorry driving).
I am fully booked until the 2nd week in August.
You going to the GTG? I can have a look there if you still need it done.

LOL he needs it done FOR the GTG :D Just Kidding, me shuts up. ;)

Unfortunately I wont be able to make the GTG, both myself and the car will be in southern Croatia by then. :D

Bad timing or what? :confused:

Originally posted by Sp!ke
Unfortunately I wont be able to make the GTG, both myself and the car will be in southern Croatia by then. :D

Bad timing or what? :confused:

You are not that far from me.
Maybe we could meet half way at some time soon, so I can have a look?

Yeah mebbe that would be best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom