Restored my AMG E63 alcantara steering wheel

Psilonaught

Car
W212 E63
The car has done 29k so relatively low miles, but the car had horrible alcantara on the wheel.

I used elbow grease and car shampoo foam, and I think the results speak for themselves! Very happy and the wheel feels amazing now. :bannana:

Last edited:

Petrol Pete

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon
Just the right hand side of the wheel sticky and minging. previous owner either an amputee or his (her!) left hand busy doing something else :eek:

Nice job though :thumb:

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
Baby Wipes are good. Be careful with some cleaners. They can show an immediate return only to cause a bad reaction later on as any chemicals start to dry out/react.

daveenty

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S63 Coupe
All I ever used on mine was luke warm water and a microfibre towel.

lmgauci

Car
C63 Estate
Looked at a car this week in similar condition, very nice improvement :thumb:

MOR8A

Car
W212 E63 PPP AMG
Did mine with baby wipes, came up beautifully. Didn't realise how minging it was, nice and ''fluffy'' again now.

Bobby Dazzler

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
ML AMG-line Black Series
I'd di read that it's best to avoid the leather when using baby wipes, stick to the alcantara only. Once or twice will be fine, but not good for the leather if done regularly.

b1g1an

MB Enthusiast
Car
Thug in a silk dressing gown
Check what the wipes have on them, most baby wipes have moisturisers and the like that leave a residue that you don't want, bum wipes on the other had tend to mostly just have whatever the miracle cleaning fluid is. If you clean a keyboard or the like with the former it leaves a slightly slimey fell, the latter feels just like it did from the factory.

These are amazing with wet silicon sealant too, just wipes away leaving nothing, slightly concerned what that means they do to your skin!

mark44

Car
C63 Estate Edition 507
All I ever used on mine was luke warm water and a microfibre towel.
I use this with a tiny drop of fairy liquid to break down the 'greases'. You don't really realize how bad it is until you've done one side!

Nice work

rlowy

Car
W212 E63
Wow! That's a job for this weekend I hate the Alacantra but will start to love it if I can achieve the same results

rlowy

Car
W212 E63
[/URL][/IMG]

Fantastic tip, soft and great feeling again thank you!

Last edited:

Timok

Car
E55
Nice work !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom