Restoring MB Tex on W107

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IrishRJ

Car
1972 350 SL R107
Hi all new to this forum, new to owning a MB. Bought a R107 350 SL one month ago, fine example of 1972. As you can imagine the interior needs TLC. Could employ a professional but that bill will be in excess of £3k, money I dont have and also nearly the complete value of the car.

Therefore I turn to the community, do you know of any good MB Tex dyes for centre console which is cracked and damaged. Also do you know of anywhere I can purchase new carpets. Colour Cream, cream beige

Any advice on interior restoration will be most welcome

Hi and welcome, and a fine choice of vehicle.

Interior and trim parts for older SL's can be difficult to find and can be very expensive.

Try this, it maybe of some help.

http://www.worlduph.com/mb7.htm#SUNVISOR,

Irish RJ, what do you want to dye? MB Tex is only used on the seats. I dyed the MB Tex in my 250CE using this to red but to be honest it's not really suitable for high wear areas such as the seats as it does come off. It's great for door cards etc though. You can get this from Woolies Trim. They also sell carpet that you could use to make up your own set or buy a complete set from Germany. Try www.khm.de.

Thanks for your help, I think I will re-spray the centre console. Maybe use SEM Vinyl Paint just need to find a UK supplier as the US will not ship aersols.

Love the 500 SL Wobbly, that and the 560 SL 1985-89 was my first choice but out of my price ranage, 2nd was to go for early R107 due to their powerful V8, but dont handle as good as the 1989 cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom