Restraint Sys Malfunction, ABS Run Flat, Cruise Control & SPEEDTRONIC inoperative

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shanej77

Car
Mercedes AMG C
Hello,

I'm a New member and Just got a problem with my
AMG c220 cdi sport Blue-efficiency 2012

When i turn on the Car below error display on my dash

* Restraint sys malfunction consult workshop
* Abs inoperative
* Active bonnet malfunction
* Run flat indicator inoperative
* Cruise control & SPEEDTRONIC inoperative

Car starts fine but in few seconds i can hear a noise that i never head since last year from the engine (noise of a fan).
Power steering not working.
Front driver side headlight not working and passenger side day running light not working.
When i lock the car front right indicator not working and instead of rear passenger indicator one of the break light flashing.

Haven't plugged in to the fault code reader yet because its Sunday and if any one experienced this before any input will be helpful.

Thank you.

You will need a Star diagnosis session. Using a Star will help with finding the issue.

Thank you BlackC55.

Update - Called up RAC and ask them to come and for some reason I gave the second key to RAC engineer. He opened the bonnet checked the engine and start the car. No errors and started without any problems.
RAC engineer plugged his machine to read faults no errors message came up.
I had a video that shows errors and RAC engineer checked it and said it's a communication error so take it to garage and check it.
Drove it today 60miles without any problem with the second key ( touch wood).

I will take it to garage for the star diagnosis but will it still show the errors on diagnosis?

Hey there ! Exactly the same thing happened to me just now ! Car was parked on driveway for like a week . Came back from holiday to find exactly the same issues like you ! Tried it again a few hours later car was ok ..... but engine check light was on without any messages . Now it won't work again....starts fine but it won't even let me drive it because of PRESAFE thing . Did you sort out what the problem was ? Any one any ideas ? Thanks !

Hey there ! Exactly the same thing happened to me just now ! Car was parked on driveway for like a week . Came back from holiday to find exactly the same issues like you ! Tried it again a few hours later car was ok ..... but engine check light was on without any messages . Now it won't work again....starts fine but it won't even let me drive it because of PRESAFE thing . Did you sort out what the problem was ? Any one any ideas ? Thanks !
Any chance yours is low battery voltage? Maybe a battery on the way out (so it holds charge, but not as much is it should).

Well on MB adapter it says the voltage is 14.3V .... just now i managed to start it again without any errors but it comes with check engine light up....

Hi

Can you please advice what was the actual problem. I am facing similar issues.

Thanks

Hello,

I'm a New member and Just got a problem with my
AMG c220 cdi sport Blue-efficiency 2012

When i turn on the Car below error display on my dash

* Restraint sys malfunction consult workshop
* Abs inoperative
* Active bonnet malfunction
* Run flat indicator inoperative
* Cruise control & SPEEDTRONIC inoperative

Car starts fine but in few seconds i can hear a noise that i never head since last year from the engine (noise of a fan).
Power steering not working.
Front driver side headlight not working and passenger side day running light not working.
When i lock the car front right indicator not working and instead of rear passenger indicator one of the break light flashing.

Haven't plugged in to the fault code reader yet because its Sunday and if any one experienced this before any input will be helpful.

Thank you.
Hi

Can you please advice what was the actual problem. I am facing similar issues.

Thanks

Battery issue ! Replace your battery and everything should be ok .

Hi Lee

Thanks for the swift reply. I have already replaced both batteries and Left bonnet actuator but this has not helped so far.

Lets see if Shanej77 had any different diagnostics.

Thank You

Hi Lee

Thanks for the swift reply. I have already replaced both batteries and Left bonnet actuator but this has not helped so far.

Lets see if Shanej77 had any different diagnostics.

Thank You
Sorry to hear that .... it worked for me . Hope you gonna sort it out quick !

Hi guys. I have similar problem today. Did you ever get to the bottom of this. Any help appreciated.

Hi,

Is this really a battery issue only? I have the same errors in the same order. Did anyone ever get to the best solution for this problem?

Sorry to hear that .... it worked for me . Hope you gonna sort it out quick !
Hi, was it just the main Battery or both if you have 2. I have a small battery in the boot but I have not tested the voltage.

Hi All, back again after months of trying multiple solutions and only to find that it was a very simple diy job required. I had to change the brake light switch. This is under the steering just above the brake paddle. This solved the issue, lights are still on but the car can now drive and reverse. Getting the stored faults erased during the week. The fix cost me €24 and 10minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom